1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you rifle shooters know what this is ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1oz, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oz

1oz Member

Just interested if any of you rifle shooters that are shooting 1000 yards + or benchrest use or know what this machine is and does?
    1oz_2008_0303_1140.jpg

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Looks like a measuring device that measures the concentricity or roundness of bullets.

Eric

3. 1oz

1oz Member

Mixer thats correct .It is called a Vern Juenke Machine while many thinks this machine does magic . I have found it is a conecentric measure device. Eric Stecker from Berger Bullets has sent me a hand ful of j4 bullet jackets and lead cores to run personal test to show that this machine doesn't show the inside of a bullet design as may think . What i have noticed is it measures concentricity and mags it on the dial to be able to be sorted acording.It is considered and called An Internal Concentricity Comparator.

Jim

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

While it will show you the concentricity of the outer jacket it will not show if the lead core is equal around the center axis. That can be determined by rolling the bullet on a table top, an off center lead core will always stop with the heaviest point at the bottom.

Eric

5. 1oz

1oz Member

Gravity does wonders , yes this machine was claimed to tell if you had unbalance lead core seperation or a void but the testing provided by Berger shown that as incorrect , I still use this to load the very best reload I can you can get away with up to and around 600 yard with what i call average reloading but to be competive in the 1000 yard upper group you need to do alot more than average reloading besides weighting powder measure cases and seating bullets .1000 yard Br is a different reloading gameif you plan to do something .

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

So this total BS equipment cost how much for you to own?

Wonder if it cures any diseases also?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. 1oz

1oz Member

Glen to answer your question , BS I think not . This machine does do a very good job of what it was intended to do checking concentric of a bullet . Many people thought it did alot more such as ultrasounding a bullet or X raying a bullet which it doesn't do . Vern made 70 some units it was not a production made item many companies such as Nosler, Dupont , US Secret Service ,Sinclair Int. LE wilson ,Winchester ,Remington , Lapua , Norma including the military shooting teams + alot of your top Benchrest shooters in the USA and the world use these machines . .As far as cost I've seen them run as cheap as 700 and as much as 1200 used no new machines are being produced by Vern . Now Clay Spencer and a partner are making a machine very much alike it is running 1200.00 .They require a 600 deposit with balance due upon completion . To review more .www.bulletdoctor.com . These machines are not BS but they do have their limitations.As far as illness i would suggest you to go to your doctor Gene .

Jim

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

1200 dollars in 2008. Don't know if it does any good. Rifle shooters, like trap shooters, are easily separated from their money by gadgets.

HM

9. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

Its a machine to check and see if your bullets are really round or not. A Lot of bench rest shooters like me use them but myself I don't own one. I buy my match grade around right from a custom shop.... and its already done for me.

You still can have a flyer every now and then even if you use this machine.

10. 1oz

1oz Member

Rick that is correct it measures the outside not the inside which can also cause flyers . It is just 1 more test to eliminate and try to reload the (Perfect bullet) . Many uninformed people thought this machine x rayed the bullet or ultra sounded the bullet no it doesn't. But at 1 time people thought the world was flat as well . Yes hand swaged bullets are generally better . Most guys i know shoot custom bullets but also double check them as well .Clay for 1 has said you dont need to check his bullets but he often does. Yes you will get different opinions but i personally know a handful of Top benchrest shooters that shoots 1000 yard shoots that use these machine for a reason . We are looking for the most consistent bullet or the perfect reload . This is a total different game than the 100 , 200 yard Bench boys . To be competive in the top tier 1000 yard boys you had best get the wallet out it's no free rides.

11. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

1oz I am a long range bench rest shooter and I know just what your talking about when it comes to cost to do this sport. I have awards for 1000 and 2000yd shots. 8 years ago I pickup on trap shooting that cost also but not like long range shooting but trap shooting is getting there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

concentricity bullets icc

juenke bullet concentricity comparator

juenke machine

juenke-bullet machine
juenuke bullet comparator
vern juenke
vern juenke internal concentricity machine
vern juenke machine