1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you remember these Industry Reps?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ArkLaK80, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArkLaK80

ArkLaK80 Member

Some time ago several folks were discussing the older industry reps and I came across these today. I thought you might enjoy them.

Dick Baldwin and Bob Andrews after their shoot-off for Ind. Rep. Dbls. Champ.

Vic Reinders, Lee Braun and Bob Andrews on the occasion on Mr. Reinders 100,000 target.

Three of Remington's best. All four ATA HOF'ers.

Ray

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Cool pics!!!

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I remember Dick winning the doubles that year. Quite sure he had a 99. We flew home from the Grand with him. He was a very good doubles shot. Nice pics! Thanks.

4. ArkLaK80

ArkLaK80 Member

They both had 99's and Bob won the shoot-off with 20 straight according to my records.

Ray

5. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

the shell Vic shot his 100,000 target with is on display at Waukesha Gun Club, blue RXP hull.

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Ross, Pic is kinda dark but from what I can see, the forend looks the same as the forend on both of my TC's.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Nuts, Blue RXP or Peters Blue Magic?

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I was a friend of Vic Reinders and his 31 was a TC grade. It had a 28 inch barrel, full choke. I was the first person he allowed to place a gauge down the barrel, it was 45 thousands choke, it also had a bulge in the barrel from a stuck wad. When I told Vic about the bulge in the barrel he said "it doesn't affect the way it shoots". In later years he broke a large piece off the forend. One day at the Grand in Ohio back in the 1980's, I told Vic that I met a man selling a new in the box 31TC forend for $60.00. I said he told me to tell you he would sell it to you for $20.00. Vic said why do I need a new forend? I said Vic, your forend is broken, a big piece is out of it. He said, " it doesn't affect the way it shoots". Vic purchased that 31TC at the MIlwaukee gun club for $50.00. In later years Vic had a new landlord where he rented. She asked him what are all these cans in the basement? Vic said cans of gun powder(PB), Vic was as good as gone. Before he moved he asked me to come over. He game me every Sportsman review magazine he had, along with every Trap & Field magazine. He had numerous brand new leather shooting bags and new shooting vest that he won over the years too. I asked Vic why he didn't use one of the new bags and vest, instead of using and wearing his old stuff. His bag had holes in it. Vic said his clothes felt good to shoot in, and his bag is not worn out yet. People who knew Vic can understand that's just the way he was.
    Steve Balistreri

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I went to the Wisconsin State shoot one year and I was squadded with Vic he was shooting his 31TC and I was shooting my Model 12 did not shoot too bad , I lubed the model 12 w/oil from the dipstick from my car to make it smoother operaring it also had a release trigger.

After we shot we had lunch together, he was a real gentleman and a great shooter.

Gary Bryant
    Dr5.longshot

10. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

I'd love to see more threads like this on trapshooters.com. Takes us back to a more simple and honest time, if only briefly.

Jeff Bailey

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nice thread

12. senior smoke

Gary:
    One time I was shooting with Vic and a young shooter in his 20's was also on the squad. Everything was going fine until this shooter starts getting into an argument on the line with the trap boy over a rule. Shooting stops, Vic walks over to him and tells him what the rule actually is, and said to him that the trap boy was correct. The young shooter sarcastically ask Vic, who the hell are you that you know all the Rules? Vic said "I'm Vic Reinders, and I WROTE THE DAM RULE BOOK"!!! The guy says, oh, and put his head down and we all resumed shooting.
    Steve Balistreri

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Ray, see how good my memory is? Sorry bout that...maybe it was Dick Cheney that I flew home with...puablo

14. wm rike

wm rike Member

Anyone know what kind of gun Reinders used for doubles?

15. hcopd

hcopd TS Member

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the shooters in the 1960s dressed well ........... more classy than today?

16. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Steve,

Nice story

Thanks

Dennis

17. senior smoke

wm rike:
    He used the rem 31 TC for doubles too. Years ago a well known AA27AA shooter said to Vic" as good of a career that you have had, just imagine how much better it would have been if you used an over and under for doubles". Vic went crazy over that statement. What Vic use to do not to short shuck the 31 on doubles was to first place a dummy shell in the magazine tube, than a regular shell, and then one in the chamber. Vic felt that that dummy shell kept everything better in line and helped him not to short shuck. People who saw Vic shoot doubles sometimes saw Vic breaking his second doubles target a foot off the ground.
    Steve Balistreri

18. FIB

FIB Member

Steve, thanks for sharing the stories. It does seem like trap was simplier and more "fun" at one time.

19. wm rike

wm rike Member

Just as some background, Baldwin's doubles average that year (1967) was 94% and change. In that era, that put you in pretty elite company. Reinders that same year finished with a 93% average.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.