1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you remember Jan 3, 2007

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Oscar Ray, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Do You Remember January 3, 2007?

This is just a History lesson. I am sending it to all regardless of party. It is history and nothing can change it. The day the Democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007, the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress. The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:
    January 3rd, 2007, the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress:
    The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
    The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
    The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
    George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION!

Remember that day... January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee. The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy? BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES! THANK YOU DEMOCRATS (especially Barney ) for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment...to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES! (BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie -starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy). Barney blocked it and called it a "Chicken Little Philosophy" (and the sky did fall!)
    And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA
    And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie? OBAMA and the Democrat Congress, especially BARNEY;

So, when someone tries to blame Bush...

REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"
    Bush may have been in the car but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel they were driving the economy into the ditch. Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democratic Party. Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.

In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on ! ! spending increases.

For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budget.

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009. Let's remember what the deficits looked like during that period:
    If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending,! ! and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.
    In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is "I inherited a deficit that I voted for, and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th."

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Government CAN’T continue to spend money and give away money they don’t have in their pockets. When will the abuse stop. Be you Republican or Democrat stop spending my money in a wasteful manner. Government shouldn’t be allow to borrow money without citizen approval.

2. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

Its very simple and this would fix alot,

If you don't pay taxes you don't get to vote.

The only reason these dirtbags are in office is because the welfare state votes them in. Why would you vote for a candidate that believes you should actually WORK FOR WHAT YOU HAVE, when you can vote for one that promises you more free money so you can sit on your ass play video games and smoke weed.
    People who don't pay taxes have nothing at stake, its we the workers that lose.

Imagine how different this country would be if only contributors got to vote!!

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Interesting idea,,,,,similar to the founding our country.....

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Blame Bush Bunch don't want people to realize the real date when the Dems started making bad decisions about the economy.

All I know is that the answer to the question "are you better off now than four years ago?" my answer is HELL NO.

5. 87AA

87AA TS Member

willyklouda,

You’re an IDIOT!

Whether you understand it or not, everyone pays taxes in one form or another. Fuel tax, sales tax, payroll tax, income tax, ect. Reading between your lines I’m guessing you mean that those who don’t pay income tax should be the ones who don’t get a vote. Under this system my Republican-WWII Vet-gun owning-trapshooting-retired grandfather wouldn’t get a vote because he has no income and therefore doesn’t “contribute”.

What you’re suggesting would be the end of 230+ years of democracy we enjoy in this country. And what’s to stop the top 5% who pay over 50% of income taxes from tell you that you can’t vote because you don’t “contribute enough”?

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep I remember,

Obama has had 3 years of destruction, but the Democrats have had 5 going on 6 years of destroying America.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

. And what’s to stop the top 5% who pay over 50% of income taxes from tell you that you can’t vote because you don’t “contribute enough”?

I'd like to see that data.. The top 5% might contribute over 50% of the total income tax paid to the government but they sure as hell don't pay 50% of THEIR income. In fact they pay LESS percentage of their income than we do even though it might add up to be more dollar wise.

That's why I support the same PERCENT of tax (after deductions) for everyone.

Bill

8. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

I just got called an idiot from a hippie!, I'll take that as a compliment.

Ok how about this,
    if your on government assistance, no vote for you, and I don't mean retired or disabled vets, (I love how libs always turn to stuff like that) I mean the lifetime welfare award winners!

By the way, we have a representative republic .. not a democracy.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Germans before WWI had a law that those on public assistance could not vote until after they were off of it, because of the danger of them gaming the system. Our problem is that our founding fathers did not contemplate this problem happening.

10. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Our founding fathers probably never dreamed that we would have a government trying to run every aspect of our lives.

Oscar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.