1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DO YOU RELOAD TOP GUNS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Do you reload TOP GUNS and REM GUN CLUBS and RIO's? If not you should there is a GOLD MINE of them out there.

I reload them at least one time and I have shooters giving them to me. I have thousands of them in Trash Bags, Target boxes and shell boxes along with Shell boxes stacked up along the wall.

I reload TOP GUNS w/ 18-19 grs Promo/Windjammer wad most economical reload.

I reload RIO's w/19 grs Promo Windjammer wad I resize the hulls on Mec Super Sizer.

I use these for registered targets all w 1 1/8th oz shot.

One other thing I use the RIO Primer a savings of $25.00+ per 5,000. When compared to Winchester, Federal, Remington.

PM me if you have any questions

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Mark Stacklin

Mark Stacklin Member

I just finished reloading a flat of top guns with 17 grains of e3, fio 616 primers, and cb6100 wads for sporting clays. I just let them hit the ground and move to the next station.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I always come home from the range with more Remingtons than I shot. I figure I have a ten year (at least) supply of Remington hulls, so don't bother with the others. It is already a storage challenge without hauling home a bunch of toss hulls. We throw a barrel full of Federals in the dumpster every week. Mark

4. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

I don't like the steel case head running up and down the breech face of my P gun. It's probably just me.

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

For some reason, my P&W with auto shell feed, has a problem. The steel shellhead or the auto feed become magnetized and the empty follows the shell feed back out. I am working on a solution. Grounding the loader doesn't help. I am thinking about magnetizing the shell base. Other wise, I load them with 19 gr. Green Dot, pink Fed clone, 1 1/8 and Win 209, shoot them in a 391 for doubles with no problem

6. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

The old classic load of 18gr. of Red Dot/Promo makes a nice low recoil 2 3/4 DR.
    1 1/8oz. load in the Top Gun or Wally World Game and Target.
    They also make a nice 1oz. reload with the Claybuster 12SO or Windjammer Lightning copy.

And with cheap primers and reclaimed shot a inexpensive reload to leave on the ground. But I still put them in my shell bag and put them in the trash can because I know what a PITA it is picking up hulls at our GC.

Pick them up after every League nite in the summer along with Gun Clubs.

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Those gun club hulls are as durable as any hull I have ever loaded.

8. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I had a terrible time with the crimp on the top guns, I load only gun clubs now, they run through my loader without any problem. I bought 15 flats when bass pro had them on sale, so I should be set for a while. I reload them twice and pitch them, though I think i could get 1 or maybe even 2 more loads out of them. Shooting my SKB the firing pin scratches the hull when I open the gun so I know exactly how many times ive fired them, three scratches they hit the trash. Never tried the Rio's, maybe if the gun clubs dry up ill give them a try.

9. guido

guido Member

One time.

10. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Top Guns, once then pitch em, Gun Clubs, many, many times, excellent hull.

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I don't reload them. I recycle them.

Keller

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You betcha, loads well with one ounce in a Red Eight Claybuster wad with 20 gr Red Dot, Rio primer. Shoot 'em, toss 'em.

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Top Guns, & any eurotrash no, too easy to get GCs & STSs. Ross Puls

14. vdt

vdt Active Member

18.6 grs clays ..win 209,,fed 12S4,,1 1/8 mag. shot..Victor.T.

15. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

loading the 12 ga gun club with the grey win copy from claybusters. Use Clays powder and a win primer with 7\8 oz of shot. These are training loads for my SCTP shooters in my house. We use them for skeet, trap and sporting. Kids sure like the lower recoil of the 7\8 load and smack targets every Sunday at practice.

I have a huge surplus of them now so they get tossed as soon as the crimp burns at the edge.
    They run thru my 9000 fine. A little stiffer in the wad seating station than the STS. But those are just not that easy to get right now.

16. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

I like Gun Clubs, but Top Gun crimps are hit and miss. Not worth the effort for TopGun IMO.

17. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Ive had no problems with top guns I use a mec supersizer To size them then run them on a old mec 650. If I use the pw I size them first and use a little hornady one shot lube.

18. James344

James344 Active Member

I'm like fastgun. I use the supersizer on the federals, then an old MEC 650. Been loading with 18 gr red dot, but my son doesn't think they're as powerful as the new loads. I'm thinking of going to 19gr and seeing how that does.

19. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

cheddites fall out of the rio hulls when I tried them.

gm...one time..

gc...10 times...

tony

20. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have loads of them---sometimes they get mixed in with my Gold Medals and come out fine but I don't like using them because of the steel casing.When I run out of GMs---STSs---AAAs I'll go to them---Hope for along time---JMO---SJB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reload top guns