1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer BT99 or a heavier O/U for trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2barrelpa, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2barrelpa

2barrelpa TS Member

I have read that the BT99 is not heavy enough????
    Browning has a couple O/U's that may swing better.
    So why is the BT99 so popular?
    Do you shoot it?

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

BT-99 Hard to beat for the $$$

3. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Yup. I own others and like them, but my BT99 is still the go-to when I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Then why the hell don't I shoot it all the time, you might ask. And I'd have to say that's a darn good question...

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

BT-99 may be the most/best trap gun you can buy for the money. I have had two (still have a Leo's Special). I am a big guy and for me the BT's are too light in front and seem to recoil harder than a TM-1 or Mono Gun. Retained resale value on a BT is excellent. Very reliable and long lasting. Marc

5. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

For the past four years I have been using my o/u for everything.

Recently purchased a used BT99 plus. Overhauled the recoil system and ajusted the stock it so it shoots where I look. I am finding that with a faster trigger than I am used to and a faster swing really helps with HC.

Charlie

6. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I shoot both a BT-99 and a vintage Browning Broadway. I have modified each to fit me, so well that, if I miss, it's my fault, not the guns'. Anyway, both of these guns have different handling characteristics ('feel, balance, weight', etc.), but I can shoot them interchangably. Indeed, when I get in a slump with one I go to the other to get out of it.

LA in MA

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I started with the BT99 and still own a couple (engraved pigeon and a SHOT show nickel special), but I really enjoy my 90T which weighs more. So its not a matter of O/U for me... I shoot singles and handicap, but prefer more weight.

My nickel BT99, is my "guest" gun and my inclement weather gun. A BT99 is an excellent value in performance and price for the beginning and intermediate shooter.

regards all,

Jay

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I have had a lot of more expensive guns in the last two years. I sold them and went back to my BT99's. I shoot them better than any of the more expensive ones. The BT99 does kind of suck for doubles. The best I have been able to manage is 50%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.