1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*Do You Live in Your Favorite State?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Onceabum, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I have visited most of the states during my lifetime and lived, for awhile, in many of them. When I hit Montana, that was it for me. No more moving. It is large, not many people and beautiful in every way. I hope all of you feel the same about where you live.

BB

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Different strokes, etc. Love being near the Atlantic Ocean 24/7 so S. Florida is my home forever.

Eric

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Montana is a great state, glad you like it. Nevada, Idaho and Wyoming are good too. I guess home is what you make of it but I like the big 'open' states as well.

4. Kent

Kent TS Member

I am stuck in Illinois. It wasn't so bad for the first 50 years of my life but the last eight have been nothing to brag about. OH!!! we do have a place in Sparta that holds the Grand.

5. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

I live in Illinois. You have got to be kiding??????????? Roger

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

No, I don't. My favorite state is Tennessee. Martin and I have discussed retiring either there or in Alabama, but maybe I will fall in love with Kansas when I move there next year.

7. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

The Queen Bee and I are taking a good look at Tennessee, too, recurvy. We thought we were going to return home to Pennsylvania, but after this last election, we are not so sure.

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Yes, I have to have water. So I am on the BALMY southern shore of Lake Superior. Eight inches of snow today 8 to 12 tonite, ya gotta love it.
    Hard to get a tan here so it keeps th rifraf away if you get my drift. Bill

9. Bridger

Bridger Member

I live in Wisconsin and while I love going to other states, I guess this is home and where I want to be. At this stage of my life I doubt we will move. But then my 87 year old uncle who probably had never been farther than 250 miles from where he was born, just moved from Iowa to Texas so I guess I won't say never, may run in the family.

10. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

My wife and I are very blessed to have several houses. Our home is in central California, and probably always will be. California certainly comes with all the baggage we all hear about, but the weather is super, and has been our home since forever for both of us.

It is great getting to move around to different areas during seasonal changes, and just plain travel and have fun. But home is and will remain the goofy state of California.

11. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Texas! ... with two visits per year in Michigan with the parents.

I'm definitely in my favorite state. I hope my job never forces me to relocate. I love it here!

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I lived in Indiana, South Dakota, Colorado, Arizona, Washington and now Idaho. My favorite of those is AZ. East tenn is where I really want to be though. All those states had their strong points. South Dakota had the best people, AZ the best weather, Indiana had all my friends, Colorado was pretty, Washington was all good except it was 80% mexicans,Idaho is pretty and the weather is mild but all in all, Tenn and Kentucky have the good ole boy gun clubs and thats it for me

13. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

During my Marine Corps tours I lived in three other states and have flown my own a/c into 23 others on business and/or pleasure. But, as a fifth generation Texan (family got here in 1845) I could live nowhere else. I've also lived in two foreign countries and visited eleven more but no way I'd live in any of them permanently.

I guess the answer to the question is: ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!

HBT

14. shrek

shrek Active Member

Welll... I like Tennessee the most of all states as well. I lived there for 6 years back in the 90's for grad school and then worked there for 3 1/2 as well.

Unfortunately I do not live there now.

However poor ol' Tennessee is getting really crowded and not nearly as nice as it once was.

Most places are getting too crowded with "city folk"... yuck

15. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Currently in central Florida but alwayys thinking about East Tennessee.JRM

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Well, at least I will be buried in Tennessee, so I'll end up there one way or another. LOL!!! Already have a plot next to my mommy and the rest of our family (7 generations in Cade's Cove and Maryville). Alabama is my real home, but I spent time in my mom's family's state, too. Alabama is just not as pretty.

17. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

No, unfortunately I don't. I live in the far northern part of California, about 100 miles from the Oregon border, right on the ocean. I do have the luxery of living right on the Humboldt bay, and it really is beautiful here. I would, however, rather move to Oregon, around the Rogue River, Jacksonville, or anywhere in the Apple Valley area. It's kind of tough to do, tho. My home here is paid for, and this really is my home, especially since my wife passed away 4 months ago. Too many good memories of her here, and I don't think I would like to try it alone. So, like the rest of you, this is probably where they will carry me out.......... Dan Thome (Trap2)

18. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I live in Delaware but grew up in northwest Iowa - close to Minn and SD. I still believe I want to be able to retire there (Ia) or South Dakota.

19. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

AMERICAN BY BIRTH....

TEXAN BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALIFORNIAN by the choice of my spouse!

I've been to 46 countries, and 41 states either in the military or with work...Now I owe so money on my house, WAAy upside down)..I can't afford to move..

lb

20. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

Texas.....its like a whole other country! I LOVE it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.