1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you know these codes?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by willing, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willing

willing Member

The only one I know is Pet, we put it in our coffee years ago. Now I drink it black. Google is a wonderful thing.

Bill

2. C H S

C H S TS Member

PP5 participates in the regulation of glucocorticoid receptor nucleocytoplasmic shuttling, and that the GR-induced transcriptional activity observed when the expression of PP5 is suppressed by treatment with ISIS 15534 results from the nuclear accumulation of GR in a form that is capable of binding DNA yet still requires agonist to elicit maximal transcriptional activation.

PET stands for polyethylene terephthalate, a plastic resin and a form of polyester. Polyethylene terephthalate is a polymer that is formed by combining two monomers called modified ethylene glycol and purified terephthalic acid.

--or--

Positron emission tomography, also called PET imaging or a PET scan, is a diagnostic examination that involves the acquisition of physiologic images based on the detection of radiation from the emission of positrons. Positrons are tiny particles emitted from a radioactive substance administered to the patient. The subsequent images of the human body developed with this technique are used to evaluate a variety of diseases.

A linear polymer, High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is prepared from ethylene by a catalytic process. The absence of branching results in a more closely packed structure with a higher density and somewhat higher chemical resistance than LDPE. HDPE is also somewhat harder and more opaque and it can withstand rather higher temperatures (120° Celsius for short periods, 110° Celsius continuously). High density polyethylene lends itself particularly well to blow molding.

Google is your friend!

Andy

3. C H S

C H S TS Member

Well, if your are referring to plastics, then it's PP for polyproylene, NOT "PP5".

The complete list:

* Type 1 - PETE Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)--Soda & water containers, some waterproof packaging.

* Type 2 - HDPE High-Density Polyethylene--Milk, detergent & oil bottles. Toys and plastic bags.

* Type 3 - V Vinyl/Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)--Food wrap, vegetable oil bottles, blister packages.

* Type 4 - LDPE Low-Density Polyethylene--Many plastic bags. Shrink wrap, garment bags.

* Type 5 - PP Polypropylene--Refrigerated containers, some bags, most bottle tops, some carpets, some food wrap.

* Type 6 - PS Polystyrene--Throwaway utensils, meat packing, protective packing.

* Type 7 - OTHER Usually layered or mixed plastic.--No recycling potential - must be landfilled.
    Andy

4. COLOKOLAR

COLOKOLAR TS Member

Biff
    Just checked with Snopes because I also used those bottles again and again- froze 'em, left them in a hot car etc etc---------they say nonsense--not true.
    Whew--guess it's still my pig like appetite causing my weight gain!!
    Bill

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I know when you heat food in a microwave it's not good to leave it covered with plastic film. Use a glass cover or a plastic utensil designed for that purpose.

apparently the film can emit stuff when heated that gets in the food.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.