1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have my gun????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tdhrlyrydr, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdhrlyrydr

tdhrlyrydr TS Member

To anyone who was shooting at Perkiomen Valley gun club in Collegeville Pa. on Sunday 10-2-2011....
    If you shoot a browning Bt99 plus please check your gun and be sure you didnt pic up my Bt100. I am sure this was an innocent mistake as the guns were right next to each other and look very similar to each other. However I would like "betty" back where she belongs....:) If you were there pass this along.

Thanks Tom

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

3. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Ooops, I am sure you will get it back. Back to the top.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I would bet cash money you will see "Betty" again. It's not the first time this has happened. Jeff

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Just to be on the safe side I would file a Police report, all it will do is cover your butt in case you do not get it back and turns up at a crime scene ... If it was an honest and innocent mistake one of the two guns would of still been sitting in the rack where you left your gun ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the heads up. I'd feel like crap if my current shooter took a walk. I'll be more careful from now on.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It sounds like he has the BT-99 Plus. If not, I would then be worried.

Kind of the same thing happened at our club a few weeks ago, during league. Two identical Brownings next to each other in the gun rack, right down to the barrel lengths, and Midas gold chokes. Even had the same front glow sights. The guy went out and shot his round, comes back all disgusted. Says he shot a 7, yes a seven. He goes back to the same spot on the rack, and notices his gun in the rack. He now notices that the gun he shot, only difference was the adjustable comb. He says no wonder the gun never felt comfortable on mounting. Only thing he had going for him was the low light conditions. He still takes a ribbing for that one. Jon

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Years ago at the old Mint GC in Vegas, I had a lady to mistakenly pick up my 1100 and smoked a 25 in caps!! I thought I'd have to whup her to get my gun back because she had a death grip on it!! She wanted to know if I'd sell it to her? LOL

Hap

10. earlybird

earlybird TS Member

Back in the 60's my Dad shot a M12, along w/about 3/4 of everyone else. He stuck some small, brass, adhesive-backed initials on the foreend above the checkering. He could spot his right away.

I didn't come up w/the idea, but I stick a small stocking over the muzzle of my tg when it's in the rack these days; quick ID, and protection for the rib at interface w/wooden rack.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Just be glad he didn't leave you a Browning Recoiless.

12. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

3 years ago at KGC one of our league shooters left his 870 expess in the rack, someone took it and left him an 870 TC. The wingmaster was never returned. Good trade?

Edit: it was an express not a wingmaster.
    Also the only one out of many that were not returned.

13. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

You guys seems very calm...I would be absolutely flipping out if this happened to me.

14. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

At our club everyone that shoots "sings in".. maybe you have a roster to search from??

15. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I have seen the lil red tape with imbossed letters, colored Browning emblem stickers on stocks, even 1 guy with a bandaid on the forarm where his finger goes. I have the only Joel Etchens 687 and the only KX5 at the clubs I shoot.

And Heck I will sing all night for free trap lmao

Jerry Lewis

16. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

I was at a backyard trap shoot, and asked one of my kids to bring me my Parker. Step up to the firing position, damn shell won't chamber.

I was holding a 16, mine was a 12!

LOL

Good luck with your wandering child

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jr., that was in 1973!! At the old Mint GC! I can still see the look on her face too!! My buddies and I watched her shoot after I spotted my gun in her hands as she changed stations. I wasn't about to bother her at that moment as she was crushing,smoking targets with it!! She was about to put up a good fight till I showed her the white spot on the forend cap and asked her if hers was white also!! Ask her what she recalls from that day and let me know?

Hap

18. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Years ago when I shot my 1st 50 straight I was so happy I bought everyone at the bar drinks. Stupid me got drunk, left with my gun in the rack and didn't realize it till mid-week when I went to clean it. I called everyone and his brother. It seemed as if I lost my gun for sure. Friday comes along and a member of this club calls me and said he had my gun and I would get it back on the next league shoot. I learned a very valuable lesson. And to this day I NEVER drink when around any firearms

19. broadway rap

broadway rap Member

20. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Tom, what is the status here the gun??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.