1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a decal on a vehicle?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I don't want to hijack any threads. But I see vehicles that have ATA, Club Decals, NRA , and other gun related stuff on them. In my honest opinion you are advertising to get ripped off in a hotel/motel parking lot near a major shoot. Do not put anything on vehicle that hints there may be gun related stuff inside. This goes fro trailer hitch covers,etc. too.

Phil Berkowit

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Good recommendation Phil. Mike.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I agree completely. No stickers on my car. License plate is KOLARAAA, but I doubt most criminals will know what that means, or that is a reference to guns or shooting.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I have Hillary pics plastered on my vehicle.lol Do you suppose they understand?

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I have a Odumbo bumper sticker on mine, the one with Calvin pithing on him. Get lotsa high fives from other drivers.

6. dougp

dougp TS Member

47 years as an Insurance adjuster , don,t put decals on a vehicle that is connected in anyway related to firearms , You are inviting someone to break into your vehilce . The old addage "don,t stick a bear in the butt with a scoop shovel , walk around it !!

7. lance howard

lance howard Member

Interesting topic. I would like to comment to dougp about it. Since he was an insurance adjuster for a few days I guess. In 1994 I was removed from a jobsite by the insurance company of the homeowner that had a storm damage claim. I am a building contractor and WAS one of the QUOTE good guys that this particular insurance company recommended. The home owner saw my NRA sticker on the back window of my shop truck and stopped so fast I thought he was not well. He looked at me and said, Do you belong to that bunch of a-holes? I said yes pal, as a matter of fact I am a life member. He said get my ass off his property. The next phone call I received was the Insurance company telling me I had no right to offend their Friggin clients. I said they had no right to tell me what organization I could belong to. They said they could because it was their position that the public was always right and could have anyone do their work and not be offended by the contractors doing it. They won. I LOST. I have never worked for an insurance company since and I am fine. I am offended by a lot of stickers I see on vehicles, but since this is not a free country if you work for the public, you do not get to have it your way. Lance Howard

8. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I am retired and don't work for anybody and I will put what ever bumper stickers I might want on my vehicle!

Oh, while it might be advertising I will leave my NRA Life Member on it as well as my Lions club International decal of "We Serve".

Allen

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Mine reads "Kenya needs better border patrol"

ss

10. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

My bumper sticker says "I carry 5 rounds in a 6 shooter is it your lucky day "

11. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

My favorite is "keep honking, I'm re-loading."

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It's not just vehicle break-ins, it's also home burglaries. A cop at the gym advised me to remove the Browning Buck sticker off my truck because local gun thieves admitted to targeting homes by "following the Browning stickers."

Crime is down.

...down the street.

-Gary

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"Hug a Logger,
    You'll never go back to trees"

14. Mapper

Mapper Member

My Dad used to have an ATA sticker on his car, right next to his FOP sticker. He never had any problem.

15. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I do have a bumper sticker that says " I Love Turtles"....but I am going to remove it...........Uncle Sam, Pa.

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have no bumper stickers on any of our vehicles. My neighbor has a bumper sticker that says "I don't dial 911" and then there's a picture of a revolver on it. I like it, but I still think having nothing on your vehicle is the best policy.

17. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Lance Howard, What insurance company are you referring to? Was it Progressive or Travelers? Or? Please let us know. Thanks, Larry Evans

18. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Plain Jane, no stickers of any kind anywhere on the vehicals, for obvious reasons. Most of which have already been stated here.

19. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

My Son is a Marine

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The theives are definately not smart enough to realize your vehicle is always going in and out of the local gun ranges. Then they simply follow you home and watch as you unload your guns. I guess that scenerio never crossed anyones mind. That said i do not have stickers on my vehicles for the same reasons named above. Why blatently advertise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.