1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a concealed carry permit?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Was wondering how many out there have a concealed carry permit? I don't, been thinking about getting one though. I have always believed that the 2nd amendment was my permit.

I'm in Indiana so getting one wouldn't be a problem. I guess the main reason I haven't gotten one though is I don't want the state police to have my set of fingerprints. I also believe getting a permit would be like giving the government a road map to the people who possess guns.

On the plus side I wouldn't have to wait to purchase any handgun if I had a permit.

2. C50

C50 TS Member

Yes

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Yes
    Phil Berkowitz

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What makes you think you're "off the books" now?

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

you have a SS YOU ARE ON THE BOOK Permit just keep you A$$ out of jail if you get stopped and checked

6. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

dosent matter on the wait part when purchasing in indiana any moore,thanks to the background check system they have in place,if they say sale or hold, dosent matter. if you have a permit or not, thanks for reminding me mine expires next month,mark

7. WCR

WCR TS Member

I live in Indiana and I have one. In Indiana you can get a life time permit and
    you only have to sign up once.

8. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Absolutely, and I carry. While you may think the Second Amendment is your CC permit, it will take you appearing in front of a judge to sort that one out. There is also the unnecessary night in jail and you will likely lose your firearm, hope you only carry a Hi-Point and not a Colt. In most states, you need a permit to have it in your car in reach of you, in other words, to have it where it will do some good. Without a permit you should just consider your trap gun your carry piece. The laws also seem to change during a hunting season too. A concealed carry permit allows you to carry about everywhere. We aware that many places do not allow you to carry. Never carry in a bank, the courthouse, most malls are off limits, and if going out with the boys for a few beers, leave it in the truck.

As for fingerprints and being on the books, really, this is the government we are talking about. Besides, you posted on a public website, you're on teh books now!

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The state police don't get a set of your fingerprints. They go on a national registry that is available to every law enforcement agency in the country, state or federal.

10. gotbass

gotbass Member

You bet.

11. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I've had one for years.

BB

12. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Have two, neither of which is good in my home state, the Republik of ILL. If you were in the service, ever had a background check for a bonded job, or worked civil service, you are "on the books". I'd rather be "on the books" and be able to carry in a few states legally than not be and be illegal. It just takes one felony arrest and you'll be forever "off the books" in terms of firearms ownership (with a few exceptions).

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Absolutely!!! Had it for close to 20 years. Mike

14. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Yes I do.

15. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Wife and I both do.

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Yes

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. BARTMAN

BARTMAN TS Member

yep ,kel tek 380 locked and loaded

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes. The U.S, Kalifornia, Michigan govt's all have mine. Multiple other agencies have mine. My DNA is well spred also... never a problem with any of them...

19. blitzer

blitzer TS Member

yep, kimber 1911

20. sbhced

sbhced Member

For 10 years. Finally talked wife into applying as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.