1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you feel like a sucker?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by wsk, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wsk

wsk TS Member

How many of you bought every firearm and all the ammo you could afford because you fell for the propaganda that Obama was going to "take your guns away"?
    The right wing scare tactic really made some windfall profits for the arms industry didn't it!!!

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Yeah plus it drove the supply of many components to oblivion for a while and increased the prices on most everything.

DUH!

Tim

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I was not among the panic stricken but paid a price. Couldn't find ammo for my 380's for quite awhile. Now they cost $1 or more per box than they did pre-panic. I often wonder what really goes through people's minds.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

While the hoarding was going on, we had a very difficult time getting powder and primers up here in Canada. Bill Malcolm

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

This ski trip ain't over Grover. Hillary is currently championing a "Small

Arms Treaty" as we speak. Obama won't need to do a thing about guns, the UN

will be handling all that if it passes. Additionally you'll be answering to

the Secretary General of the UN, not Barry. The current administration can't

spell sovereignty much less practice it.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

No liberal trolling. I hate having to wipe the greasy crap off my monitor.

HM

7. cle

cle Member

As many before us have found.........Freedom isn't FREE !!

8. shelly

shelly TS Member

Those dirty, rotten right wingers should be ashamed. The made me buy ammunition against my will and they made me buy guns too. Please save me Obummer.

9. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

wsk, I don't know who or what you are, nor do I know the reason for your post. I am sure, however, that I could probably guess and be pretty close to the truth. I think the immediate reaction on the part of Americans who rushed out to purchase the items they felt they would be denied by Obama and his stooges in congress, sent a message to those people as to the depth of the resolves of the American people. This, I think, caused the "progressives" to decide to move more slowly than they had planned. One needs just to look at the character & viewpoints of the people Obama appointed to the cabinet and bureaus in his administration to see how "anti gun" Obama actually is. These people will move very slowly and step by step, piece by piece, we will lose our 2nd Amendment rights. No, wsk, I don't feel like a sucker. I am glad that my actions and those of other true Americans were able to delay the goals of pukes like you! Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I didn't hoard but I did buy a bunch of powder and primers and shot .... They are long since consumed. If anything I bought less than I might have otherwise because the price was high but compared to the average Joe I might be considered a hoarder. Same for .22 rimfire ammo, yes I picked up a brick anytime they were on the shelf but I also shot them up as fast as I was getting them.

Its not like a person could expect to survive an underground lifestyle and somehow maintain an arms&ammo stock pile. But getting to the intent of your question, no it wasn't foolish to think the current gang in DC would move to restrict our ability to own firearms and ammunition. The battle for gun rights is not over nor is the outcome known. What we do know is that is battle is very real and the stakes are high.

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

wsk,

Next time you ask that question you may want to be looking in the mirror.

Better to be overstocked than begging your neighbors for cannned goods and

ammo....if it comes to that.

Sooooo, I guess you think ammo will get cheaper in the future?? (like gas has?)

12. wsk

wsk TS Member

I figured I'd stir up some nutty responses!

At least we have the love of shattering clay targets in common...

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

It's only money.

14. shelly

shelly TS Member

wiskey, all the reaponses made perfect sense except for yours. Go figure.

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

It's not over yet. Reserve your judgement until it is.

Right now Obama has other problems which make the Democrat "gun control" agenda seem trivial. If and when they get the upper hand again, you may find yourself eating those words.

Remember, even if something is not what the people want, the Dems know what is best for you and they will shove it down your throat (or elsewhere) like healthcare "reform"!

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

wsk do you feel like a rectum cavity for asking the dumb question/??

Don

17. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Obama and like minded liberals have sold more guns and ammo than any ad agency could ever hope to generate. The biggest loosers are the sellers who don't have sufficient inventory to satisfy the onslaught of buyers.

Robert

18. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Don, I believe he should! or is?

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Heck I done wore that excuse to buy more guns out completely...I think I need some new Montana wolf guns now...or a congrats to Egypt on your new freedom gun...or maybe a...the list goes on : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.