1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you call lost target if there is no chip?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shot410ga, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What if your shooting with the guys from Kentucky or the Middle East, which I was one time. And they always called a chip when there was none? And the puller says nothing. Do you say anything or let it go?

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

A prime reason for the average shooter to never shoot for money.

3. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

If I am on a pick up squad and we are not shooting for diamond stickpins, I will let it go for one post just to see if I am shooting with sportsmen or cheaters. If folks won't confess their misses when we change, the next wrong call, I will say something to the scorer and if necessary to the squad.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

no visible piece...lost...a cloud of dust don't count.

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I will not argue on the line,,,the real low lifes use that trick to get you out of your game,,,I will keep shootin ,,,beet them fair ,,,and not shoot with them any more,,,if it was a one time call ,,,they were messin with your head,,,more than one and they are just lowlife cheaters,,,,and what goes around comes around,,,,love to shoot off with them,,,,and make sure before we start that someone tells them that I have never missed a shoot off target and like to keep the streak going

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A cloud of dust is a lot of very small chips. HMB

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

How did that patterning session come out, shot410ga?

Neil

8. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Good observation HMB. I have hit targets hard and they were called lost (in accordance with the rules). Back when clubs were throwing Remington targets, I have picked up whole targets that had 5-6 holes in them and I bet they were called lost. By the same rules, I have chipped the tiniest piece off a bird and the scorer marks it dead. I have seen and experienced birds hit and change course 45 degrees called lost. The real solution is to "smoke em", no doubts, no cheating, just good shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.