1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe in the Death Penalty?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

If you said no, read this article, then tell me there isn't a need for it, after seeing what this man did to his son (note - please consider restricting your abortion comments to the other threads already created for the purpose...as I said, I'm pro-life, but I'm tired of that one!).

Remember, this guy got life in prison, but the article says he is eligible for parole in TWO YEARS. That means he could get out and victimize someone else. I guess I really do live in a cave, because I hadn't heard of this case.

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

yes eye for an eye

3. bocephus

bocephus Member

well we know trappy would be against it just like the rest of the proabortion liberals that hang out here.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

ABSOLUTELY!!! Besides an "Eye for an Eye", it would certainly remedy the problem of repeat offenders. It would save countless money since the average prison detainee costs the American taxpayer approx. $60,000 per year.(maybe a place for Obama to look for funds to pay off the debt he is creating).
    I also think the family of someone that was murdered shoud have the right to ignite 'Old Sparky" if they wished to do so.
    Make death sentences televised in an independant cable chanel. This should be a detractant for new offenders. I guess I am a little harsh. I could go on about safer neighborhoods and the like but i'm sure you get the picture. Bulge.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

BB,,,,you are not harsh,,,,just realistic.

6. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Yes, definately
    Sonny Daniels

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yes.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

you betcha!!! Break-em all. Jeff

9. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Texas sure does, and everyone on this list was a paragon of virtue and a pillar of the community...................................

10. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Definitely smoke his dad's ass.

However we are missing the big picture. What a young man, after all he has been through and is still positive. Now there is a role model for our kids. Beats some gang bangin sports player any day.

My hat is off to him. God bless him and keep him safe.

11. t-bar

t-bar Member

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

If after appeals, there is incontrovertible/overwhelming evidence (DNA) and there is no possibility of innocence: YES!
    There must be JUSTICE for the DEAD! Use the $50,000 a year spent in keeping murderers imprisioned for children's programs or the sick.

We MUST NEVER forget the silent victims!

13. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

need someone to push the plunger or throw the switch?

I'm your hucklebery!

14. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

"That's right, in Texas, if you kill us, we will kill you back!" - Jeff Foxworthy<br><br>
    Yes<br><br>
    Josh

15. SR1

SR1 TS Member

YES enough said....................................

16. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Well, I wish my answer was as simple and direct as many of yours... at one time I would have been as adamant and said YES. But I have worked in juvenile prisons and served on evaluation committees for level 3 and 4 adult state prisons with "death fences". I have talked to lifers and others... never prisoners on death row. I have softened my stance to the point where I will say in individual cases YES: heinous crimes, killing of prison guards or law enforcement, etc. But life in prison with out parole is a pretty stiff sentence. Fred

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

bocephus, you're damn right, and here's why.
    1.) The money. It costs several times more to execute someone than life imprisonment. I know you guys don't like extra taxes, so cut down on them by getting rid of the death penalty.
    2.) Why kill people who kill people to show that killing is wrong?
    3.) Anyone else agree that life-imprisonment is a worse punishment than death?
    4.) It's pointless, it doesn't fix anything, and it certainly doesn't heal the victim.
    5.) We as a society are advanced enough to go past that eye for an eye deal.
    6.) I interpret it as violating the Constitution in that it is classified as "Cruel and unusual punishment."
    7.) It too often happens that an innocent man is put to death.

And no, it is not because I am liberal. For the record, I am not even liberal, just not the extreme right wing conservative. Also, I'll be happy to address any of those points further!
    -Trappy

18. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trappy,

As mentioned above, a man whom the system convicted of injecting a NEWBORN BABY with AIDS-tainted blood in the 90's, and sentenced to life, is now eligible to GET OUT in 2 years. That's right, I said, "get out." That's not saying he will...but it ain't saying he won't, either.

So sometimes, life in prison, ain't.

I'm not against them letting him out, mind you...I'd just prefer they cook him first.

19. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I am a firm believer in the death penalty and equal punishment for the crime. back in ancient times if you stole, you had your hand cut off, if you murder someone you are executed publicly in the city square. statistics show that when people fear the consequences of there action they take a longer time to think about, and possibly reconsider what they are about to do. I also think that harsher penalties should be used in todays judicial system. A slow and painful death strikes fear in people more than a lethal dose of a medication that gently put the guilty to sleep then into cardiac arrest. there were far fewer crimes commited in the middle ages than are commited now-a-day because of the harsher puishments practiced at the time.trips to the Hanging noose, Guillotine, stoning blockade, iron maiden, and buring stake were popular forms of execution in there time. all executions were public, brutal, and effective at keeping crime rates low. I also believe (and yes I am splitting hairs) that in certain cases people can be rehabilitated and released as a completely changed person, but people need to know that there will be stiff reprocussions of there actions. In the case of the father injecting his child with the aids virus, an injection of the bubonic plaque, or small pox virus would be fair punishment. To keep from spreading disease used for punishment, solitary confinement will be instated until the person is deemed uninfectous to the public, or pronounced DEAD.
    some of you may think that my views are barbaric and over the top but they are my opinions and I will stand behind them. young guns

20. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

YES....

Trappy12, did your mother drop you on your head when you were a small child????

Tell that crap to any family member,,,oh well....

By the way, you should wipe your mouth, I think there is still a little BS still on there. GOOD LUCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.