1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we still need the ATA?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Then quit and shoot practice and local non-ATA shoots. No one is forcing you to be a member.<br>
    <br>
    There are plenty of others, though, who disagree with you and will remain ATA members.<br>
    <br>
    And don't think I'm sticking up for the ATA. I'm not a member.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You have to be kidding. You need better bait than this. Don't like the ATA, don't pay dues. They won't miss you and neither will anybody else. Try better bait.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I need the ATA. Shooting registered targets is an important part of my life.

Otto- Are you an ATA member? If you are you should know that you do not get Trap and Field as part of your ATA membership.

Pat Ireland

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

If you don't like it GO AWAY! Do you think we really care? The ATA has always doen a good job of what we want them to do, be our governing body and organize some real big shoots. YOU go and just shoot meaningless practice, thousands of us will shoot something that counts for something, registered targets. I've been involved in a few different hobbies over the last 40 years, and nothing has given me and my shooting buddys more fun than traveling around to nice shoots, sometime in a several state area, and competing in a shoot with top shooters from all over the country. When its too cold in my part of the country we all go thru withdrawal sysmptoms and can't wait for the registered season to start up again!!!!!

YOU go and just screw around at your local club! Don't waste your breath (or typing) trying to convince other serious shooters to do that. We'll be at some registered, either a local one or some real big one.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The ATA will always serve a certain purpose to the majority of shooters who have and always will gravitate to registered targets over and above practice ... The ATA is going through a transistion right now with all of the things that have happened in the past couple of years and professional management might be the best thing that could happen to it in the future, to preserve the future of the ATA ... The ATA owes its existance to the local clubs that host the shoots that provide for the partial income of the ATA along with investments ... The Grand American is a losing proposition for now and who knows how long, but is a tradition of the ATA for the shooters who choose to attend ... The stability of the ATA has been weakened to some degree in many peoples minds because they no longer have a home they can call their own and are now basically renters ... Time will tell and then we will all know for sure whats to become of it ... I do not think the ATA is going anywhere for a while anyhow ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Being able and having a place to shoot is very important to me. I enjoy the Grand American and have not missed since 1975. But facilities have sprouted up that have definately created competition for the GAH. The quality of such events.Pennsylvania,Ohio,Mich.,NewYork,Missouri,to name a few. Rules & Regulations are also important. But bottom line "PEOPLE" like you and I make the difference.
    Take Care & Good Luck Shooting.

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

OttoMatic:
    Any time you have a large group of people participating in any competitive event, there needs to be a governing body to set rules and regulations. The problem I see with the ATA is they continue to follow outdated rules then add new ones and make decisions without input from the majority of its members. Do we need the ATA?....definitely not!...but we must belong to an organization that sets guidelines for shooters to follow or competitive shooting would surely disappear. In this part of the country I have yet to see another organization willing to step up and take the challenge.

MR

8. smartass

smartass TS Member

Otto, you are dead, 100%, completely, absolutely, totally WRONG. The ATA is perfect, it's leadership is perfect, and it's rules are perfect. God has decreed it so. It's the 11th commandment.

9. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

OttoMatic
    Why would you think that I would want to think like you, or be like you?? I like registered shooting. You don't. So stay home and do chores, and maybe the wifey will give you 20 bucks and let you out for the Monday night league shoot. But don't include me in your plans.

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Here's another one of these "first-time" posters trying to sow dissension among shooters, cause trouble, stir up emotions. Think what a casual shotgunner thinks when he drops by: "I guess the ATA is no good, I'll do something else."

The original idea for this site was to bring trapshooters together, but now all too often it's being used to drive them apart. I'm more and more convinced that real names should be required. We'll lose some posters, but the remaining ones will be interested in trap and its future, not just tearing it down.

Neil

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

what Pat said......I have been a life member for over 25 years.....I am comforted my the thouht that as long as the ATA exists I am part of it and can participate in it's sanctioned events...like the man said..if you don't want to be a member...then don't!!

12. grammie

grammie TS Member

Neil:

Are you saying that those that have differant ideas/ideals than you,,,and those that are not wholeheartly behind "ANYTHING" the ATA does,,,shouldn't be here????

If anybody is tearing down the ATA,,its the ATA itself!!!! The ATA has stuck its own foot in its ass,,,but you don't want to hear that do you???? Just like you guys didn't listen to the paying members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps a "lip tattoo",,maybe a notch cut in members ears will be enough for you guys,,then you can all blow smoke up each others asses and commence with the group hugs till the cows come home.....

AKA Grammie........

13. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

(deleted in recognition of Peter's later post.)

Neil

14. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I hope it is a two way street. They need us and we need them. As long as there is a need for standardized targets and leveling of the playing field.

I think it is funny that the ones that do most of the ATA bashing raise and the most stink are the ones that call targets too high, too low, too wide, too fast, too slow too anything when they miss.

I don't agree with the ATA decisions all the time but if I thought they had anything but the shooters in mind, I would not belong.

If they are so against ATA why not shoot what ever is thrown and have a good time. No bad targets, no rules, no handicaps, shot size , speed, shot weight, a real free-for-all.

If some are so against the ATA why shoot ATA regulation targets?

Rock

Jim

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I am a Life Member of the ATA and have been for over 30 years, they are stuck with me and I in turn am stuck with them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Ohhhhhh..that Grammie !!!! And he still won't accept the fact that they have no Timber Rattlers in Arizona !!! How un-civilized can one be !!.....Uncle Sam, Pa.(where we have Timber Rattlers!)

17. pfofml

pfofml Member

Neil, I too, believe that this web site is not being used as it was intended. That intent was to bring trapshooters together. I also agree with Neil that this site is to often used to settle personal issues. These issues often lead to infighting. This can only damage the sport. No need to worry about the antiguners bringing an end to trapshooting. Those of us who use this site can manage this by our own infighting and squabling.

Peter Falk III

18. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Do you shoot trap anymore grammie??

19. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Neil and the rest,

I've seen a lot of people hiding behind anonymous postings that not only slam the sport, but slam members of the sport and members of ts.com...and for no apparent reason accept that they get jollies because it makes them feel powerful.

Just don't know how anyone could regulate who is posting and whether or not their identity is really their true identity. Using a credit card to register would do it, but then kids would not be able to post, and I would hate to see that.

There are more non-shooting trolls on this site than most think... Some are very clever and know how to web search for information regarding the shooting sports, gun repair, etc. So they can copy, paste, and edit and make you THINK they are shooters, but do you ever see them at a club or at a shoot? I know one person on here that has at least 3 sign-on names and has never shot trap. But you would never know it by his posts.

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Allowing total azzholes to get to you with some asinine post is their game. This isn't a topic, it's a joke by some prankster wanting to stir emotions. When David, Don and wife Tony started this site, it was to bring shooters together for a better sport, they succeeded in doing just that. Weed out the bad apples by ignoring them, they may just go away if they don't get any attention which is all they're interested in anyhow. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.