1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do we have guards in consulates anymore?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did we pull the Marines out of guarding those type of consulates or constrain them with the rules of engagement?

I understand a rocket killed the 4 Americans and no Marine could prevent that unless we had snipers all over the darn place.

Have the rules of engagement changed so much though that the Marines if they are still there are not allowed to use deadly force in these situations?

A contractor stated that the bodies of the 4 Americans were dragged out into the street and that other consulate employees were shot at close range and killed.

Under those circumstances- American bodies being dragged away and other employees shot and executed there should have been a lot of lead flying down range to prevent those parts of this terrible episode from occurring.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Now Gene you know the Muslim In Charge is going to do nothing to hurt fellow members of the Religion of Peace. Time for a Crusade! Jake

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Wait 'til after the election when he "has more flexibilty."

Bob Falfa

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

He does not want to hurt their feelings, but he spikes the ball over killing Osama.

5. oz

oz Active Member

I heard that the marines were pulled from the embassies awhile ago. also the jersey barriers at the entrances were taken away. The security guards in lybia took the ambassador to a second (safe) location and then ratted him out.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Why would we need extra security at this time of year? I mean, who could have foreseen something like this happening?

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Teddy Roosevelt or Harry Truman would know what to do. Protecting our embassies used to be a job for The Marines.

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Why do we keep telling the enemy what our plans are? HMB

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Because we have become some much more "educated" then we used to be!!!

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Wonder what the respnse time is from Spain. Hope the brought a bunch of body bags because all they are going to do is sweep up. It is also hard to repel a RPG with a briefcase.

The POTUS's religious brothers got the job done and were back in bed in time for his favoriste Letterman show.

But raising money for his dumb campaign is more important than our citizens abroad.

Don

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Gene,,,,,ROE sucks today and puts our military in danger,,,,,,,thank hussein as he doesn't think that the value of our lives is that of a muslim......

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

OZ is right - they took him to s predetermined "safe place" and then ratted him out.

Don't forget - Islam is a religion of peace.

-Gary

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This pretty much covers my thoughts on the matter..

Curt

grnberetcj_2008_0303356.jpg

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Islam truly is a religion of peace.

Definition of islamic peace: Believe as I believe or I kill you.

15. archangel

archangel Member

I always thought that each embassy had a contingent of marines my son said no that is not the case. Wouldn't it be prudent to have armed marines at our embassies which are located in unstable and unfriendly counties? And use real bullits, and not apologize. No we are downsizing the best trained military as the world becomes more unstable. We're so stupid. Mike

16. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

No guards in our consulate in Libya but we have armed guards in our social security offices in this country, I guess our government is more afraid of a bunch of crippled up old farmers than they are of foreign terrorist jihadists?

17. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

The Marines at the Cairo embassy weren't even allowed to carry live ammo.

I suppose Jughead's Rules of Engagement now probably begin with:

"You cannot return fire until you are wounded."

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

More likely you can't return fire unless you are dead and then only in a dire emergency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.