1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Vendors show up for the U.S. Open in Sparta?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3357, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

Do most of the main vendors set up at the U. S. Open shoot at Sparta in June?

2. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

yes

3. K-Hornet

K-Hornet Member

Stu Wright, Winchester, Federal, and the ones that are open there all year. Maybe a few others, Thats about all that show up. Al

4. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

Hello All,
    I am out at Sparta about once a week. The only vendors that are there all year long are J&J's guns and Gipson's. Stu Wright's place is in Pickneyville, about 20 minutes from Sparta.
    The vendors start showing up during the US Open, but only a handful compared to the Grand. This is also the same week at the SCTP Illinois State trap shoot (June 8th this year). One of the vendors made the comment that they do more business with the SCTP and AIM shooters than during the Grand. The vendors get more plentiful when the Nationals start (July 15th SCTP, August 3rd AIM). I guess this makes sense,as a new shooter would be more likely to need more stuff. If I remember correctly, the vendors were not setup for demo guns during the US Open.

regards,

Todd (Illinois)

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

What is SCTP?

6. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

Scholastic Clay Target Program

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.