1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do the Women compete with the Men??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

I don't shoot registered targets, thinking about it, but haven't as yet.
    I have seen some shoot results that show a high score for the men and a high score for the women. Are there separate classes for Men and Women?

It seems like this is a sport where men and women would compete on an even basis. It would appear there is no specific (to the sex) physical abilities required.

Are there indeed two classes? Should there be? If so why?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I guess the easiest way to describe it is that there is an extra trophy for the ladies. Everyone competes on the same basis for champion, classes, etc. However some events provide extra category trophies, such as Vet, SR. Vet, Ladies, etc. Bill Malcolm

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I'm glad you said "Women".....Ladies don't shoot trap do they?.....Oh God, I'm gonna get both barrels now!

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

everyone shoots against each other with in there there asigned class A B C ect ect..unless you sign up for a seperate class jr vet lady ect ect. I have also wondered why there isnt a OPEN class, a free for all X amount to shoot this class open to members non members winner take all?

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Women were always meant to serve men, in all ways and in all things! They should NOT be allowed to compete in Trap! They must be obedient and submissive at all times.They must not raise their voices in anger toward men, and must fetch their master's slippers when commanded to do so! Period!

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hipshot,
    I suspect you had to ask your wife's permission to make such assertions.

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

to provide a more enlightened response - in registered shooting we get/give prizes for good shooting. Besides a personal challenge, this is all there is. But that is enough for most of us. To create an environment that encourages diversity, camaraderie, and competition, we have divided the crowd into classes and categories. One of the categories is Lady Shooter.

Do the lady shooters need it - yes they do. There are so few lady shooters it is not easy to come up with enough of them to mount a serious challenge on the men. If there were more lady shooters, there would be less and less need for this category.

8. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

HGWT,

My guess is that you have never met Debbie Ohey-Neilsen, Nora Ross, Jennifer Wilburn, Jeanine Rutger, Laura Pattison, Leah Lark-Dixon, Stacy Bringelson, Jacque Snellenberger, Lou Ann Munson, Holly Ferrell and host of other female shooters that will knock your socks off with their scores.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Personally I so no reason to have a seprate glass for women. I know quite a few women that shoot better than a heck of a lot of men including myself. We could get into the better trophy argument of this too.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

A frequent poster on this site (bas) is both a woman and a lady. I have shot with her many times and I recall beating her one time when her gun broke. I believe she will earn another place on the All American Team. That should be about the 10th time for her.

Pat Ireland

11. oz

oz Active Member

There are MANY Ladies who compete and shoot at the very top of the charts all the time. Remember shooting is fun and having Ladies shooting with you makes it even more fun even when they beat all of you/me. oz

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

In international shooting events the men and women used to compete in the same event. When the women started to beat the men the olympic committee changed the rules. They separated the men and the women. They even went as far as changing the rifle the women used and the number of shots fired so the perforance of the men and women could not be compared. HMB

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I totally agree with my friend Pat, BAS is tender&tough all wrapped in one. Also, she has a grand slam to her credit! Both she and her hubby Roger are assets to our sport!

Another up and coming on fast lady shooter to watch, Vanessa Beaman(sp?), from Colo., this young lady can shoot too! WTG gurls!! Hap

14. bas

bas Member

Well, Pat and Hap, thanks for your very kind words but a couple of corrections are in order. You won't see my name on any AA list this year...we just didn't shoot enough and my placement on the team is no where near 10 times. Hap...I WISH I had the slam...I only have two "legs"...the Singles and the Caps. Probably too old to get the third one! And, Pat...we will be shooting together, once again, in Jan...it's been a long time! Also, as HGWT stated....there are very few women in the sport compared to the number of men. I don't think he/she meant there weren't any GOOD female shooters - just not very many in general....as K-80 Guy stated, there are great many, of which he named a few and they can compete with the guys anyday. But the way the AA points and team selection is structured...they stick with the Lady category for the most part. i.e., special categories can't earn AA points for a Class win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.