1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do the Top Doubles Shooters use Combo's ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by setter, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setter

setter Member

Harlan uses a combo and the last time I asked him about it, he made no changes to his stock. Little Ronnie Watson uses two guns, a Citori for doubles. Not that I'm a top doubles shooter but I usually beat little Ronnie at doubles, I also use two guns, a Mirage for doubles.

Jim

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Harlan Cambell had to have Wenig make a stock for his K-80 Trap Special so he could shoot it. The reason that I know this is because Harlan helped a buddy of mine with his T/S. The factory K-80 stock is much too straight for most shooters.

ec90t

3. setter

setter Member

I should have said that Harlan doesn't change his stock for doubles.

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Kiner shoots a K80 special combo, Marshal shoot an MX 2000,Harrison shoots a DT 10 top combo,Stafford shoots a Perazzi combo.

5. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

it's pretty safe to say most of the top doubles shooters shoot combos although im not sure about poi and basic stock adjustions... if you read the southern grand issue of T@F (I think may?) it has the equitment list of all the all americans, that may help

6. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I think Nora Ross uses a Seitz for 16's and handicap and a Browning for doubles. I think her husband uses a combo.

7. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Marshall shoots a K-80 Trap Special Combo.....so does Sean Hawley...and Pat McCarthy...and myself. Jerry

8. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Yes he switched to a K-80 trap special combo with top single and no screw in chokes.

Tom Strunk

9. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Sean got his K-80 Trap Special 2 weeks ago from Pat McCarthy at Dawson's Enterprises. I made the mistake of letting him shoot mine here in Vernal UT. After dialing it in for a week here in Vernal, it was off to the Autumn Grand American where he proceeded to break all 300 doubles in the program AND won the High Over All with a 1086x1100 in his first competition with it! Congratulations Sean on an outstanding inaugural performance!! Jerry

10. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

The late Frank Little shot a MX8 and a TMX

11. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Jerry,

Does Sean have the stock lock also?

Thanks

Rickyd

12. incognito

incognito TS Member

I've seen P. Stagg shoot, and he uses a H&R Topper for singles and handicap, and a Huglu O/U for doubles.

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I should also be noted that Leo uses his O/U's for singles as well as doubles. He only uses his single barrel in 'caps.

ec90t

14. gamehog2

gamehog2 TS Member

Thanks to Jerry Parr letting me look at, and shoulder his TS at the Las Vegas shoot in February, I purchased one (from Dawson's Ent.) on returning home and my doubles average has gone from 85% to in the mid 90's so far this year.
    Thanks again Jerry

Darrel

15. Lyle

Lyle Member

Jerry,
    The trap special seems to be my "dream" gun at the moment. I have two questions for you:

1. Do you feel that this gun has improved your shooting?
    2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, would you consider a road trip to Idaho to play some dice so I might be able to afford the trap special?

Lyle

16. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Jerry,

Does Sean have the stock lock also?

Thanks

Rickyd

17. incognito

incognito TS Member

I've seen P. Stagg shoot, and he uses a H&R Topper for singles and handicap, and a Huglu O/U for doubles.

18. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I should also be noted that Leo uses his O/U's for singles as well as doubles. He only uses his single barrel in 'caps.

ec90t

19. gamehog2

gamehog2 TS Member

Thanks to Jerry Parr letting me look at, and shoulder his TS at the Las Vegas shoot in February, I purchased one (from Dawson's Ent.) on returning home and my doubles average has gone from 85% to in the mid 90's so far this year.
    Thanks again Jerry

Darrel

20. Lyle

Lyle Member

Jerry,
    The trap special seems to be my "dream" gun at the moment. I have two questions for you:

1. Do you feel that this gun has improved your shooting?
    2. If the answer to question 1 is yes, would you consider a road trip to Idaho to play some dice so I might be able to afford the trap special?

Lyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.