1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do The Libs Understand What They Are Causing?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 100straight, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 100straight

100straight Member

I am in between jobs right now, and my favorite thing to do with down time is to visit gun shops and just nose around, so for the past week or so that's what I've been doing in the Midwest.

What I have seen is more amazing, and maybe troubling, than nearly anything else I've seen in over 50 years of poking about gun shops. During the past week I've seen gun shops so busy you had to wait outside for your turn, and shops selling guns as fast as they can process the paperwork. Shops completely sold out of ammo, bullets, and other reloading supplies. Some told me they sold thousands of rounds to single customers, and completely sold out in just a few hours. I want to add that most of the people I've seen were not militia types, nor were they backwoods rednecks stocking up because of some delusional thinking. Most were city dwellers that apparently knew little about guns. They were asking how guns work, what's the difference between revolver and semi-auto, what different caliber designations mean, and what is a AR type rifle? In other words, they were brand new gun purchasers. I heard several ask if they were allowed to buy several guns at the same time, and how much ammo they were allowed to have. One had driven over two hundred miles in search of a shop that had any handguns or ARs for sale. What I overheard in conversations was that all seemed to have a common belief that they will need guns soon, either due to a breakdown in the US economy, or because they would need to defend themselves against their own military or police.

Think about that...

These are common everyday working folks that are preparing (albeit naively) to fight a war!!!

Do the Libs really grasp what is happening in grassroots America?

I think not.

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I saw the same type of thing at the last Amarillo Gun Show. Alot of women were handling guns. Alot of young kids with baggy pants and their ballcaps turned backwards. You could tell the women hadn't handled a pistol before, and some of the young ones were waving carbines etc. like John Wayne in Iwo Jima. Alittle scary to me. Alot of paper work being filled out. But, this America. It takes all kind to make the world go around. Charlie

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

One dealer I know has sold everything in his shop but the paint on the walls, and cannot get product.

He is seriously considering closing up and taking a Road Trip for a week or so.

As many here know, I am a wholesale dealer, and in 35+ years of selling guns, have seen nothing like this.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

My dad went to pick up a few bricks of 22s at a local gunshop a few weeks back. This is in no way a "Tactical Ted" type of place. No place to park...he ended up parking behind a trash dumpster. Never seen the place so full. They opened at 10, and as soon as the door opened, the place was stuffed with bodies. He wanted to look around at guns, but decided against it...not worth fighting the crowd.

A few weeks before that, I overheard a sales associate at my local Gander Mtn. say they'd sold 400 guns between Thanksgiving Thursday and the following Tuesday (6 days). They'd already sold 50 or 60 that Tuesday, where a normal Tuesday that time of year is 8-10 guns.

If the libs fail to pass a gun ban, then they just engaged in one of the stupidest acts of PR ever attempted, because they've sold probably 2 years' worth of guns in the 4th quarter of one year.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

In order to understand the dementia that is leftism you have to understand what drives them.

You can make all manner of observations about leftists but if you want to get to the bottom line, where the answers actually can be found, you must understand that leftists are at war with God. If God is, as He claims, the creator, and if He is, as He claims, Holy, then by simple logical extension what God says is right is right and what God says is wrong is wrong. Have you ever noticed that everything the leftists control they destroy? Look at public education as one example. When one is at war with God, and when one's culture, friendships, personal and professional position are all dependent upon doing things the opposite way that God would say to do them, then again by logical extension you are doing everything you do the wrong way. The reason that leftists enjoy as much "success" as they do is because they have taken control of so many different functions, especially in government and academia, where their wrong decisions and rebellious behavior are covered by tax dollars. You see, one can afford to do a lot of stupid things when one doesn't operate in a real-world capitalist environment where success will be dictated by the market place. When you are a typical leftist idiot you work for the government or inside academia, and the wrongness of your thinking and decisions are covered up by constant infusions of tax dollars.

It is this constant infusion of tax dollars that allows leftists to operate in a make believe world where they get to insist they are right about everything without ever having to have the merits of their ideas vetted by the real world market place.

The problem for the leftists is that this system requires an ever increasing amount of largesse to cover up for their erronious beliefs and decisions. At some point the system simply can no longer generate the tax dollars required and the system collapses.

I think we may have reached that point in America.

6. CharlieAMA

Bill " I did not have sex with that woman" Clinton and Barack " you did not build that, the government built it for you" Hussien Obomber were, are, the two best guns salesmen this country has ever seen.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

YES and No.

they are so into themselves they can't see the "hand writing on the wall"

Wireguy, your as close as anybody to answering the "problem"!! Spot On!!

8. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Same here. In many decades of hanging around "gunny places" I have never seen such a "feeding frenzy"....I too judge the vast majority of buyers as middle to upper income/education folks and many, many women.....

I just love to walk the isles with a great smile on my face enjoying the sweet smell of unintended consequences to the urban, left wing anti-gunners....

Can you say....EPIC BACKLASH?

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would bet that most of it is investment buying. The gun shops are the ones making the big profits. I doubt that the manufactures raised their prices that much to meet the demand.

Seems kind of strange doesn't it. Obama is getting credit for causing the largest run on guns sales, and the NRA is the one that is supposed to be doing the PR. I guess they had something to do with creating the panic.

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

The NRA caused the gun buying panic frenzy- hardly. It was solely caused by liberal politicians who have been salivating for years to ban and confiscate all guns. They now have the "crisis" they were waiting for and will milk it for everything it's worth.

If it weren't for liberals, there would be no need for "investment buying". Most people aren't invetement buying anyway, they are buying because they are afraid the liberals will finally get their way and they want to be able to defend themselves before that becomes impossible.

The answer to the question in the thread title is that no, liberals don't understand what they are doing because they are mentally ill and incapable of connecting the dots.

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Galt states "The answer to the question in the thread title is that no, liberals don't understand what they are doing because they are mentally ill and incapable of connecting the dots."

Despite us all benefitting from Galts pearls of wisdom such as the above- one wonders how the majority of the people in America- they did win the election after all- have gotten through and camoflaged their mental illness so well.

Only Galt knows- and I am certain he will share that serious knowledge base of his in he hours, days, weeks and months to come

Now to the topic at hand- I dont think Liberals "caused" anything but rather the vast majority of American people- as per the recent polls think something needs to be done

That in turn has caused people who have the means and ability to go out and purchase firearms, - It has also empowered those that want to take advantage of the killings of innocent children and adults in NY to profit from this such as Rich219 who posts his low end AR receivers on here continually, as children were buing buried, for high prices.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. CharlieAMA

I'm beginning to think that mental illness is contagious. Maybe they will come up with a vaccine, or possibly a cure.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Somewhere in Iowa a nursing home is missing a dementia patient.

14. 548

548 Guest

The market is the market. Our population hasn't grown over night. I wouldn't want to be a gun shop owner right now. We all know the famine follows the feast.

15. otnot

otnot Active Member

What they have started is called a revolution. Read the article above.

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

For those of you that think they don't understand what they are causing check this out.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/de3lmAD5kXo?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now someone must have planned this disorginized little chain of events. The question is why?????

Bob Lawless

17. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Ah....the left-wing, anti-gun trolls are out....

Blaming "assault guns" for the Connecticut murders is the same as blaming airplanes for 911......

18. beeper

beeper Member

Before all of you Yahoos keep blaming the "Libs" you better check out the Republicans who are backing some type of Gun Control. Oh yea.... I forgot now that they may not agree with you they must be RHINO's.

the Beeper

19. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

That was no AR in the video. The gun in the video has a charging handle on the side, which can be clearly seen being racked by the handler as he checks to make sure it's empty. It doesn't have anything resembling an AR prophile. I find it hard to believe the gun in the video had anything to do with Sandler.

20. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Liberals never understand, nor do they care to.

Liberals know the value of everything, and the cost of nothing.

PS. Lying, corrupt, thieving lawyers(redundant adjectives for attorney) stole the election for Ho-bama with massive voter fraud.

Kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.