1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do steel based hulls jam in the Beretta3901RL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zackman1259, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackman1259

zackman1259 TS Member

Do steel based shells jam in the Beretta 3901RL?

2. zackman1259

zackman1259 TS Member

Do steel based shells jam in the Beretta 3901RL?

Posted by:
    Zack Santoro

3. Jim75

Jim75 TS Member

Nothing seems to jam in my 391 Gold Trap. A very reliable autoloader.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Zackman,

If you are shooting reloads check for two things:

(1) Over-bulging of the crimp on the end of the shell.

(2) Slight corrosion on the head of the shell.

These are the only two things that have caused my auto's to hang up. This can get a little bothersome while shooting sporting clays.

I almost forgot, I used to have a 1100 classic trap and shot doubles with it a couple of times. The pin that was supposed to deflect the hull down hung up the empty hull every once in a while. I filed the pin down a little and ended that problem.

ec90t

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Chamber sizes vary from one gun to the next. They might work in your gun - they might not. Why not shoot a box through the gun and see what happens?

6. jtf650

jtf650 Member

I have 2 390s and have never had a problem using steel based Rem Gun Club or Estate shells. It's certainly not something that 390s are known for; Ljutics for example are well known for this problem. I think bridgetoofar has it right, though. Chamber sizes will vary, and if you're having a problem best let a competent gunsmith look at it. If you're just concerned that it might be a problem, I wouldn't worry about it. James Fawcett

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Where you WILL run into trouble is by picking up discarded shells and then not resizing them when you reload. You're bound to run across some that were shot in a gun with a larger chamber diameter than yours and that's a formula for a jam. Any hull used in auto-loaders should be resized....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I have had Fiocchi shells jam in a Super x1 though...

jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.