1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Remington 31 Barrels Interchange?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Do Remington 31 barrels interchange without gunsmithing within the same gauge?

Do they need to be the same series?

Thank you

Lou

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I had one and I tried three different barrels and they all worked but one was very snug to get on

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Yes they do. I have 12 16 and 20 ga. I have a number of barrels for the 12 and they all change out well on the frame. Just make sure the barrel sets down on the frame when put it on.

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. There are variations in the machining of the barrels and sometimes they won't interchange without some 'smithing. Also, some in one series, I think it is the 1934 series, has a fixed peg at the lug where the barrel locks on at the front and that must be switched out for the spring loaded one to make the 1931 and 1941 locks to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 31 bbl interchange

remington model 31 interchange