1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do league targets count??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dduf-t, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dduf-t

dduf-t TS Member

Do league targets count towards the MINIMUM target total for zone/state shoots??
    Have several hundred league single targets registered. The targets only show up in lifetime and not yearly (2013). I am trying to get min. targets for the first time.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Only registered ATA targets count towards minimums.

Eric

3. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

At the start of the League did you have the targets registered,did you pay a ATA fee ? If so they will count towards your target requirement. You say that you have a couple of hundred singles targets... is that for this year ? Look at the top of your paper average card and you will see a spot for " league targets " that will tell you if they have been registered or not...This is for last year. For this year they will not show up on your "paper card" you will have to keep track of them... not on your card, They will show up on the computer at your State Shoot.
    They do not go towards you average !
    We started Registered League targets the year the ATA changed the shooting year from the start of Sept to the end of Sept. Here in Pa. we have the Westy Hogan and the NE Grand that counted towards our new year target requirements.
    I hope this answered some of you questions.

4. dduf-t

dduf-t TS Member

All the ATA fees are paid, targets were shot in the 2013 season. Not concerned with my paper card, that is up to date. My real concern is when I do attend the PA,NY state shoots that when they scan to cards the targets show up. They're not listed on the computer. Printed a online card yesterday for a shoot and nothing appeared. Targets shot in and October. DOES classification put more weight on one or the other???

5. running bear

running bear Member

Call the ATA office and ask them!

Buck

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

As long as you are talking about registered league targets, yes they count toward meeting minimum target requirements at ATA shoots. You can't mix them in with other registered shoots on your avearge card, they have to be kept separately, but the target totals are counted.

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

At our Club, we do throw registered league targets for both singles and doubles.

Since we set the league up to run to the end of the target year (Aug. 31) the scores are not sent in to the ATA until then. All of them at once. They will not show up in the ATA system until they have been entered. As someone else said, you've got to keep a separate average card for these targets and they will count towards your minimum targets. The person classifying at your State Shoot simply has to take your word for it that these targets were actually shot at.

Tim

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Nice way to add to the target count, for little extra expense...

Jay

9. razor

razor TS Member

x2 fan is right i have done it at the grand you show them your registered league scorecard and they take your word for it with all dues paid you have to keep a seperate scorecard

10. dduf-t

dduf-t TS Member

Seeing that the only registered shoot we'll be able to attend will be state and zone, I'll will keep two cards. Hope that classification is having a good day and accept our "league card". Or, be the first 71% shooter to win A class.

DDUF-T

11. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

Ask someone from the League ( someone who does the weekly scores/lewis ) when the target scores will be in. Our Winter League is finnished now and the scores will be sent in within 2 weeks...the whole reason to shoot ATA League was to get the targets to meet the minimum for the State Shoots.

Like I said before just have them down on a different card with the dates and scores and you should not have a problem.

12. dduf-t

dduf-t TS Member

Called ATA they say that they see the targets entered correctly.. If they see them on their system (which we where informed is different), and clubs cant find them,why have a system. Let alone different systems. Hope classification is not backed up. Club we tried to shoot last Friday uses the ATA web site for classification, if I can't find them, they cant. Long live paper .

DDUF-T

13. 870

870 Well-Known Member

dduf-t:

When you go to the ATA Shooter info center, you have to actually log-in using your password and then click on the "printer friendly" report. When that screen comes up it should list your league targets in addition to regular targets.

If you just look at what comes up when you look up your name without actually logging on, the league targets won't be there, as you have already found out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.