1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do kids today really know right from wrong?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Catpower, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

They are getting their morals from Hollyweird

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It depends on how you define right and wrong. If you use the biblical standard of right and wrong, it is simply true that everything that once was considered wrong is, in the western world today, right, and vice versa.

In one context man is nothing more than a container that is born filled with evil. Some choose of their own accord to refuse to give in to it. Most have to be taught to not give in to what they are born with. That is called civilization, and much of the western world including America is today devoid of the real foundation of civilization. We have become technologically sophisticated savages. All our technological sophistication does not make us one bit more civilized than the barbarians of ages past. If you look at the outward personal enhancements that have become popular in America, what you are seeing is a return to savagery, and all the technological sophistication in the world does not change that. I look at the outlandish barbarians of futuristic movies, and I look at America today, and it is easy to see how accurately those script writers saw our future.

3. 548

548 Guest

Kids are no different today than they were 50 years ago. The difference, in my opinion, is that the instantaneousness of the internet and the 24/7 news cycle that came with the 24hr news channels allows for instant and wide dissemination of "off the wall" type incidents. Those incidents went unnoticed in the days of yesteryear.

4. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Oh Rick- don't forget he gave back $5000 to the Treasury as a goodwill gesture. What a bunch of BS.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You are right 548. Kids today are BORN no different than the kids of yesterday, but 24 hour news cycles reveal the difference more than they cause it.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

To extend on what 548 is saying, the media tends to focus on the bad apples and rarely to you hear much about the millions upon millions of good kids that clearly do know right from wrong. The newest generation is the same animal as the previous generation. There still are good parents and there are better educational oportunities than there ever have been. You just don't hear about this stuff because it wouldn't outrage you enough to stay tuned in.

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep they are no different then in the past, what we have now is "parents" who can't Parent!!!!! To many deadbeat dads and single moms with NO value system other then the government agency's that "pander" to them!!!

But then again, all your seeing is a society who has turned their backs on GOD and GOD had turned his back on US!

History has proven it time and time again.

8. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

The best way kids learn is by example and the best thing a father could do for his children is to love their mother. It is my good fortune to have had the best parents in the world. Chichay

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I have to agree with you Chichay.

10. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Children are drastically different today. It's the way they were raised and the abject dysfunctional influence of a twisted, drug riddled, uber-liberal society they have been raised in.

There are still good homes and children that are moral and ethical, but there are far more broken, dysfunctional parents than 50 years ago. Children learn what they live. Four times the population portends a greater number of problems and derelict youth, but their society and TV/Hollyweid culture has deeply corrupted their base behavior. It has also made parenting a much harder task than it was when we were growing up.

Right and wrong have slipped into the gutter, and to today's kids often means what they can get away with, or the dismal "I'm OK, you're OK" crap.

Kip

11. Garry

Garry Active Member

"Do kids today really know right from wrong?"

Yes, according to God's Word all of God's creation knows right from wrong. Here's just one verse that speak to this question.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him (God) from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You know, when I look at the way kids behave in our subdivision, I really do not believe that single parents, and broken down drug infested neighborhoods really make to much difference. They disrespect their parents, elders, their own possessions, that they say "I bought", others possessions, etc. just as much as the others. They are a spoiled product of our society.

If I had my way with these kids, they would get the exact treatment that I did as a youngster learning good behavior. Slapped in the face, smacked upside the head, cracked in the ass with a belt. You know the kind of discipline required to teach respect. Unfortunately, fear gains respect. If I would have ever said "No!" to my Mother after being told to do something, I would have been cracked so hard, so fast that I would have never got the next letter "I" out of my mouth.

Right now they fear nothing, because nothing is done to gain that respect. They have nothing to lose. "Oh, you just lost the use of your ipad, and your smartphone tonight!" Right! Then the little spoiled brats bug the parents until they give in and say, "fine but next time it won't happen." What do you think they do the next time.

So the bottom line is no, they don't know the difference between right and wrong, because there never are any lasting consequences in their mind when they are wrong.

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Stl,,,,,,then you would be in prison as the kids are told today by the education system that a "parent" can't touch them,,,,,,,how will they then learn the LINE between right and wrong,,,,,,,that is what punishment does; it defines.........

14. Stl Flyn

I don't believe it has anything to do with the education system. It would not matter in my household what the education system was telling them, if they were. They would learn real quick that they listen to their parents first and foremost, or else. Wouldn't have to be physical in a bad manner. Of course they would be learning from the point of crawling, of what they can, or won't get away with. That means getting off your ass, and altering their behavior for them. That means taking away things they shouldn't touch, and facing them a different direction.
    If they try it again you do the same thing. Makes it allot tougher to start when they are seven or eight. All I see with parents nowadays is yelling, until the parents give up, of which there are no consequences. To much giving in.

15. Stl Flyn

So you agree? LOL

16. Stl Flyn

True. While education is important, the parents need to teach morals, respect, and self worth. Otherwise the education is wasted, and society as a whole is diminished. There is no fear anymore, or self respect of values, so self judgement of right and wrong is diminished also. It seems like parenting is now more of a burden then a responsibility.

17. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Kids will emulate what they see their parents "do" not what they tell them they "should do".

If you drink, smoke, swear, etc it doesn't do anygood to tell your children it's wrong - you set the example!

Your attitudes about religion, politics, etc etc are what your children see every day -- your behavior speaks so loudly they can't hear anything else you say.

How do you treat your parents and your in-laws? Expect the same (or worse) from your children.

Do you vote? How do you discipline them?

If you don't step up a the main influence in their growing years, you should't be suprised who might be.

18. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Dti you and I are from the same camp on this one. Tough Love was the phrase used when our kids were young. Oldest daughter spent her entire 16th summer on restriction. That also meant wife and I were also restricted. Tough on us all but to watch her and her husband raise their seven year old son is proof it worked. Both kids are sucessful good people. Somehere I did screw up as one turned out to be a Lib! Still kick myself over that, I think it happened in the Lib Arts Collage she attended. Oh well she is now married with home, maybe now that she is having to pay for her vote things will change. Jake

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have a friend in his late 40's who taught at a large inner city school for 8 years. He compared it to a mental ward. 1/2 the kids had no respect for the teachers and no desire to learn or better themselves. It was obvious those same kids were geeting no direction from their parent or parents. Nearly half the kids were from single parent families. He said he felt sorry for the kids that actually wanted to learn in the atmosphere.

From there he went to a smaller rural/urban school. He said it was an unbelievable change in attitude by both the teachers and the students. Although there were still some "bad apples", the community involvement, morals, and ethics were more prevelant. Teaching was easier, because most of the parents cared, and there was pride in the school system.

He now teaches at a parochial high school in that same big city. Dead beats are not tolerated, and there is an approval process to get enrolled. He said there are still some spoiled brats, but they have strict limits in their actions. The school ranks in the top 5% in the state.

Good parents raise a child in a responsible manner with morals and ethics. They also elect good school board members, hire a qualified administration, and monitor the functions of their schools.

It all comes down to the actions of the parents. If you breed 2 labs you get a lab. But not all litter mates will have the same personality. It's up to the trainer to make them good dogs.

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I read a few days ago that in 2012 124,000 babies were born in New York city. Of those 84,000 were born to single mothers. There-in lays the problem, and thats only a small segment of the country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.