1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do I have a problem with my PFS???????????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dverna, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dverna

dverna Active Member

I just installed a new Ultimate Fit Comb on my new style PFS.

I noticed that the rod to which the comb is attached moves about 1/8 of an inch if I press firmly on the side of the assembly. (left to right)

It appears that the threaded rod that goes into the front casting of the PFS is loose but I cannot figure out how to tighten it.

There is also a lot of fine aluminum dust - which means there is some wear occurring but I can not determine how this is occurring.

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Don

2. cls

cls Member

Any idea how many shots have been fired with it mounted on your gun? The do wear some over time. Is that rod actually loose, or could it be that the bushing that it slides into is worn allowing for some play?

The rod has a hex head socket that can be reached when the stock is removed from the grip. My suggestion would be to call Vern Brown with your questions.

The PFS, in my opinion, is a fantastic tool. Nothing else provides that kind of recoil reduction and that must precise adjustability. And the man behind it is a first class gentleman who firmly stands behind his product. cls

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

ditto the recommendation to call vern - he is the BEST person to diagnose the problem and suggest a solution. it's his product.

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

cls

You were partly right.

Vern told me about the hex head on the rod but my unit does not have it.

I disassemled it - cleaned the threads up - reassembled with some nail polish on the threads. Protected the rod and used a robo-grip to screw the rod in tightly.

All is good. Everything is solid again.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.