1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Club novelty games hurt your Trap Game

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

This has got to be one of the biggest myths out there. I know a few guys who swear by it but how can shooting, any kind of shooting, effect your registered game? If you can focus, keep the right mind set, and learn to tune out distractions it can do nothing but help.

I find if I don't shoot Suzies, Annies, Bushwackers, and so on my registered game slips.

My two cents,
    Matt Ski

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Years a go at the PA state shoot Frank Little was BSing with us on the porch. This subject came up. MR. Little stated that ANY game that you pull the trigger on was just fine. In fact, when you shoot buddies or annies, it teaches you trigger control. When you get a bastard registered target that you would normaly pull the trigger on just out of muscle memory and reflex, you can hold off.

Anything that has to do with a shotgun and a flying clay target is OK to shoot. Now that WAS frank Little and God knows he had a LOT more talent than most of us but I figured he must know what he is talking about and never gave the "games will mess up my timing" crap another thought.

Good Luck, have fun, win a few bucks. AJ100

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Just stay away from BIG shells! anything more than 1 1/8 oz is a waste of time and money.

I also believe that shooting any kind of flying target makes since. Whether it be skeet, sporting, or trap the more you shoot the better you'll be.

ec90t

4. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

The only time it hurts my game is when the guys on the next field are shooting them and they are back by the fence when I'm on the 16 yd line. Kind of feels like the back of your head is gonna blow off!

Steve

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm with ec90t on this one - shoot more, shoot more often and it can only help.

Jay

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

All games are good. Especially for the less than talented ATA shooter. It affords them the opportunity to have fun in an otherwise mediocre life!!

Curt

7. B525SPtng

B525SPtng TS Member

Texshooter I think that you would make a great skeet shooter. It would probably help your trap game to Standing around in the pink Tutu would have to boost your confidence

WJ

8. chuckles

chuckles Member

Just the opposite...Trap shooting is killing my games shooting....Trap shooting is so very one dimensional, so repetitive....

The games are where its at...

regards

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Years ago, I shot some doubles. Couldn't break much until I "practiced" at sporting clays...weird, but it sure helped the gun handling and vision.

10. TF

TF Active Member

AJ

Hope you had insurance coverage on that tutu. LOL

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

IMHO any shooting of your gun and having to deal with whatever conditions exist will aid in your computer (betwixt your ears) gaining good knowledge.....Bob Dodd

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Possibly. When someone on your squad misses a target, do you find yourself
    shooting at it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.