1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do-All Traps V. Atlas Traps?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Simphoto, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

I am looking at a Do-All electric trap for the Misses and I to use out on some farm land. Specifically the Ariel Assault, v 2.0. I know they are not what most trap shooters here would call "Tournament Grade" equipment, but for our needs it looks like it will do the trick. I have the receiver hitch mounted 3/4 cock single trap that Do-All makes and love it. I am looking for something that one person can shoot with and or both of us.

Has anybody here used/owned The Ariel Assault?

How fast do they run a battery down?

What kind of battery did you use?

Has anybody used one with a portable solar recharger? If so what kind/size?

Likes & dislikes?

Thanks in advance.

John

2. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

The do-all machines are junk. I know a couple of people who have them and they have had nothing but problems with them. But I guess that is what you get from a china made machine. Do youself a favor and buy an Atlas personnal machine. Made in America with great service and will last forever with no problems. My machine has thrown 30,000 plus targets and hasn't even needed an adjustment yet. They cost a little more but you get what you pay for!

3. EEB

EEB Member

What model Atlas do you have?

4. Norsky

Norsky Member

John, when I was looking for an "economy" grade thrower I found the reviews for the Do-All traps were pretty negative. However, the reviews of the Champion Easybird thrower were pretty positive by those who had them. They are priced about the same as Do-All except at Natches Shooters Supply. I bought mine for $229 plus about $60 shipping. The listed price was $279 less a $50 rebate. The rebate came in less than a month. As I bought it in December and I live in Wisconsin, I haven't tried it yet so can't comment on how well it works.

A search on this site will give you lots of comments.

Regards,
    Ray

5. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I bought a Do All White Wing thrower at cabelas.Then bought the osilating base for it as well. I am into in for about 550 I think. I got it last year at Christmas. RIght off the start took it out and hooked it up to my pickup battery. I had to help it with my fingers to cock. It would not cock on it's own. Since I had new batteries in the superduty pickup batteries were not the issue. I contacted Do All and they sent me a new motor and wiring harness for it right away. Took about a week for it to arrive, took me 45 minutes to install. Foot pedal broke after about 1000 targets. Went to sewing machine service store and got a foot pedal for an older sewing machine. That worked for about 1500 targets. Seen an add in Trapshooting USA for Clay Delay for a voice atcivated release. They have a 100 dollar version that plugs into your extension chord or a 300 dollar version that is wireless. I went the cheaper route. Little unit clips to my jeans pocket and small mic clips on my vest. Works great. I have thrown over 6000 targets with my Do All. I listedf the problems that I have had with it above. I know another shooter at our club who has had nothing but problems with his. Once I got through my issues I have not havd any troubles. The battery last an incredably long time I could not tell you how many targets it with throw on one charge, but it has to be in the 750 target range. What ever thrower you get I would highly recommend the voice call from Clay Delay. Would I buy a Do all again? That I am not sure about, I would sure take a better look at the Atlas machine though. What ever your decision is good luck and have fun.
    Jim Bradbury

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

buy a atlas

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have owned both the do all and the champion easy bird. The champion is a far superior machine. Mine has thrown thousands of targets with only one issue, A dead battery.

8. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

My do all broke targets. Then after no more than 20 boxes of clays the motor broke. The thing is junk. A buddy has Atlas and it is just like a Timex. It just keeps on ticking. Stay away from the Do All.

9. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

This is why I love this forum.

Thanks guys. I am seriously looking at the Atlas ATA50 or the Patriot. Since the Patriot is new, has anybody had experience with it?

I spoke with the guys at Atlas. VERY nice guys and seam great to work with. asked them about the wobbler and pivot do dads. tell me that some of them are not compatible with the Patriot. When I asked if an enterprising lad with a mig welder and a plasma could make them work he said YES. Just the bolt pattern.

Not what I would call a heavy sales approach.

Please keep the opinions coming.

GOD i Love this forum!

10. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

This is why I love this forum.

Thanks guys. I am seriously looking at the Atlas ATA50 or the Patriot. Since the Patriot is new, has anybody had experience with it?

I spoke with the guys at Atlas. VERY nice guys and seam great to work with. asked them about the wobbler and pivot do dads. tell me that some of them are not compatible with the Patriot. When I asked if an enterprising lad with a mig welder and a plasma could make them work he said YES. Just the bolt pattern.

Not what I would call a heavy sales approach.

Please keep the opinions coming.

GOD i Love this forum!

11. IMAGE-RANCH

IMAGE-RANCH Member

im looking to buy something as well,, so i will be reading these reviews as well thanks

12. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

I always try to by American but I got my Ariel Assualt with wobble kit for under $500 . It is the white version not the old Red ones that had a lot of issues . Have thrown about 2000 birds and probaly had less than a dozen broken before they could be shot at . Did have the foot pedal come apart but it took a minute to put back together then peen the end of the pin to keep it from coming apart again . THIS machine can throw wickedly fast and far birds and brought us great fun in the backwoods . I like to set it up on a stump above and behind us with a little downward angle so the low screamers are about 5' above your head and the high birds go off the logging landing into the swirling air currents and hope for the best . Shootin for the fun of it Jay

13. IDAHOFARMER

IDAHOFARMER TS Member

I must be the exception, I have an aerial assault that has thrown several thousand birds with much less than 1% breakage out to eighty five to a hundred yards. The only problem I have have had is the wiring harness got a glitch in it but the factory sent me a new harness at no cost. I use a deep charge battery and usually throw about one hundred fifty to two hundred birds in a session and have never had any battery problem.

14. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Okay, so the do-all v3 or v.2 MIGHT be worth further consideration. But to be honest I am looking very seriously at the Atlas.

Patriot or ATA50? Which ones are out there?

Thanks guys.

And WHY does this form post duplicate posts, sometimes even up to 3 duplicate posts?

15. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

16. Simphoto

Simphoto TS Member

Can anybody weigh in on this?

17. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We've had an AT 50 for about 7 yrs and it has worked flawlessly, except for one time, I use a battery charger instead of a battery, just because it easier, but one time somehow the battery charger was set on boost, appearantly on boost the voltage is increased, or something, because the machine had a mind of it's own, once I saw what was the problem and put the charger to a lower amp setting it worked great.

I did get it with the swivel base, and it has thrown many many thousands of targets and I am still very pleasedI did put on a foor pedal I got from Grainer, so I could shoot by myself, guess I could have gotten the voice control

But we've been very pleased with the Atlas

18. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I belong to a small gun club that wanted to buy a machine and try clay target shooting because they were not sure how well it would go over. So we bought an Atlas AT50 and the program really took off, That machine has probably thrown 50,000 targets and we have only had to replace the main spring. Now we bought an Atlas 250 and in the summer that machine runs all day. Buy Atlas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
atlas at50 for sale
atlas at50 trap thrower
atlas patriot vs at50
atlas trap for sale
atlas trap thrower for sale
do all traps reviews
used atlas trap thrower for sale

used atlas traps for sale