1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do all these privacy laws really help or hurt us?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Recently, my mother was in the hospital and I had to pay her mortgage bill until she got better. I had to have some questions answered and I waited on the phone 45 minutes in order to speak to a customer service rep.

After waiting 45 minmutes, I was told that they could not release any information to me as I was not on her mortgage account. I explained that a couple of years earlier I was named my mothers POA and we spoke to a gal at your company, and was told to please fill out papers so when I called I had complete access to her account information. I told her we sent this information certified mail, return receipt requested, along with a copy of the POA papers.

She said nothing was in the file or in the computer. I called back the next day, waited 20 minutes went through the same info with a gal again and was asked who signed for the mail? I told her it's unreadable, as I am sure the person who signed covered his or her butt.

Was told that I had to resend everything again, plus fill out new papers. My mother is now home, not feeling well, she called them and was given the info that she needed. She asked if they received our papers for my access and said yes, but I have only limited access to her account info, because I supposedly check the wrong box on their form.

I told my mother, stop making the payments to them, and the privacy laws will go out the window when I answer your phone when they want info on why you have not paid.

My wife has a Parent student loan and I called them waited on the phone 30 minutes and I ran into the same scenario.

Do all these privacy laws really help us, or just make life more agravating for us in the long run?
    Steve Balistreri

2. 548

548 Guest

Privacy laws = good

Inept customer service employees = bad

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

They are stupid. I was in the emergency room, damn near dead and my md could not release info to the hospital. If my wife had not been there to communicate to them I would be dead. That is beyond belief.
    I needed to pay my daughters mortgage as she was out of the country and thr bank had screwed up the auto transfer. They would not give me the account number, which is fine but I finally wrote them a check and told them to put the account number with it and pay the damn bill. It took 2 cashiers and two managers to finally take care of it.

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Mike:
    Very few people seem to have common sense any more.
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.