1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do all the Big Dogs use combo guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rodney57104, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodney57104

rodney57104 Member

May 31, 2006
    My Beretta 682 gold 34/30 has many worn parts. I got it fixed at the grand last year by the onsite Beretta store. I tanked the last 3 rounds of HDCP there. Something feels very different with my single barrel and I had 8 double fires with my o/u barrels at a shoot when I got home. I'm afraid I'll be going through what many describe as the learning curve that comes with a new or different gun. So I'm thinking if I have to go through that, why not actually go through it with a newer, better gun????? At this point I have no confidence but am thinking of getting this gun fixed (again) to use as my doubles gun and as a backup up gun and getting a single barrel Ljutic. I slowly worked my way back to the 27 but have never thought of myself as competitive back here. I shoot the Beretta very well in singles and doubles. I've procrastinated all winter over this and with the season right around the corner I could use a little advise. Thank you, Rodney Larson SD
  2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Your now going to have both subconscious n conscious thoughts about functional issues with this gun involving issues described. I'd trade it and move on.
  3. Gustove

Gustove TS Member

Jan 11, 2012

You have shot that Beretta pretty well,execpt for the Grand. And that wasn't your fault. Have you thought about getting another Beretta? You probably wouldn't need 5000 rounds to get used to a new gun if it was a similar Beretta. Changing guns can be a pain, unless you like a challenge. On the other hand, you seem to be getting some good advice on your other thread.

See you in a couple of weeks. (I can't wait to start league practice.)

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Not all but most do. The two biggest dogs, Harlan and Leo, both do and they have dominated the Men's All-American teams the last ten years.
  5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Feb 19, 2008
    You might want to consider a new Joel Etchen Beretta combo -- arguably the best deal out there on a new combo. Gorgeous too.

6. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Sep 13, 2009
    yes I do
  7. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    If I could get a FREE combo gun you can call me anything you want. Big Dog, Little Dog, Old Dog, Fat Dog or Good for Nothing Dog. I'd be happy dog with a nice gun made to fit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.