1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DIY Rib

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by rookieshooter, Jan 5, 2017.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Active Member

Anyone made their own Polyoxymethylene (Delrin) rib? Another question, did you use an industrial adhesive or two sided tape?

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

auto trim tape-- degrease the rib surface ( alcohol) - warm up (i put a lamp over it ) -- i have several small clamps i hold it down (updide down on table ) then clamp to table , let sit for awhile
    as you decide what slope you want- i play with balsa wood and paint black -- even with the delrin, i hold it on to shoot with electrical tape wraped around barrel, you dont see it when you shoot

3. rookieshooter

Thank you aacss! So far I have a 1/4" wood strip taped on my Tm1. Good tip on the upside down thing. My first rib, if I go with that configuration will be of the short 12'' International style. Not that I need it for American trap. But I do a lot of non registered shoot where we shoot from extreme angles and distances.
    There are times that a hard left would would be blocked if the rib was a full length. My friend has a gun like this and I really like it.
    But the main reason is I have a spinal cord disease at the cervical (neck) area. I already had one operation where they fused
    C3 and C4 together not counting another operation further down my spine. Soon to get another on neck. So the more I can keep my neck vertical the better.

4. rookieshooter