1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DIY Custom Molded Earplugs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Leb, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leb

Leb Member

I am considering trying these DIY custom molded plugs. Has anyone had any experience with anything like this?

http://www.earplugstore.com/radians-custom-molded-ear-plugs.html

2. dmbrassy

dmbrassy Member

I have used the and was not happy!! Pay a little extra and have a professional custom fit them for you!!! You wont be sorry

3. Leb

Leb Member

Why were you not happy? fit, sound reduction, etc?

4. wheelchair shooter

wheelchair shooter TS Member

I purchased some from Cabelas and they work just fine. I actually like them better than the ones I had made at the doctor and they only cost $12.95. Just make sure you follow the directions.

Thad

5. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Leb,

My name is Jerry Bryant (aka - Silent Treatment Hearing Protection and Enhancement) .. I make custom molded ear plugs. I travel to many of the shoots and there are several on this site that wear plugs that I have made.

I say give it a try.. I have seen a few of these that came out good. On the other hand I have seen a whole lot of them that were really bad.

If they don't work .. your only out $12 or so

Personally I would rather see you put the money into a good set made by someone trained to make them. You only get one set of ears and as so many of us here know.. when it's gone you don't get it back.

If I can be of any help.. please feel free to contact me.

Jerry B

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Heck of a selection.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I tried the DIY plugs more than once. Big waste of money in my opinion. The problem with them is, you can't get the silicone into your ear canal good enough to make a proper fitting and sealing ear plug. I have a set made my Jerry Bryant(Silent Treatment) and they are the best ones I have had yet. They fit great, the seal is perfect and offer good hearing protection in a very comfortable hearing protection. I shutter to call Jerry a professional( I'm kidding of course) but its well worth the extra money to have a pro make them for you.

8. Leb

Leb Member

Jerry,
    Thanks for the information. I have an 8yr and 10yr old who are shooting a lot, both are using ear muffs and they get in the way at times. I am looking for an alternative, inexpensive if possible, to the muffs. They have trouble keeping the foam plugs in their ears(small canals?). Thought about trying them on myself and if successful, trying on the boys. 8 and 10 yrs olds tend to have some responsibility issues on occasion and i hesitate to spend several hundred on custom plugs at this time........

9. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Leb,

I sent you a PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

diy custom molded ear plugs

diy custom molded earplugs for shooting

diy molded ear plugs

jerry bryant silent