1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dixie Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dkarre, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkarre

dkarre TS Member

Thinking about possibly making the trek down to florida to shoot in the dixie grand. Just curious if anybody on here has shot at the shoot and if its a shoot worth goin to..

Thanks

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Most of the time yes. It can get a little cool. But even at cool it is better than up north. I have shot it the last 4 years and I plan on it again this year.

Don

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Last year the weather was pretty nice. The year before, the coldest I've ever seen in Florida, it was miserable. But, it was miserable everywhere that year, or almost everywhere.

There will be vendors, guns, stock fitters, gunsmiths, stuff, and the shoot is pretty nice, though the Southern Grand is bigger and the weather almost always nicer.

Lots of motels in the area, some are good, some real good and two or three you couldn't pay me to stay at.

It's the middle of the tourist season, so prices are a bit higher on motels, but, if one is going to travel to shoot, the cost of the motel is probably not a deal-breaker.

Bob

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

It's still winter down in Florida in January. Oh yeah.... then there's that thing called the wind down there too.

5. dkarre

dkarre TS Member

Weather really isnt a deciding factor for me.....im from nebraska and im sure it will be warmer there than here....

6. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

What Wind?

7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Gunner,

You would say that after last weekend.. "SHOWOFF" LOL (good job)

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Heh, I showed up at the 'dollar last Friday and it was gorgeous!!

9. FlaLagarto

Dawg, if you had driven another 110 miles south, I would have taken you to dinner.

10. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

The Dixie is a great shoot.Only been to that shoot once,but it was a blast.Got to meet alot of very nice people,and shot pretty well by my standards.It was a little windy(compared to winter league),but not to bad....... its just always there.Go to the Dollar.........you'll love it!
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Jerry, that woulda' been fun but Tammy wasn't gonna allow me to take away her and little animals beach time. Another time hopefully!!

12. FlaLagarto

Dawg,

It's a standing offer anytime you like !! Liz will be here next month and will stay till April.. so you'll at least have one pretty face to talk with.

Jerry B

13. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

It was very nice last year.If the river don't get to high and the good Lord is willing I will be behind the classificatin desk.

Terry Dean

14. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Made my camping reservations yesterday.

blade819

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

blade maybe we could at least shake hands this year. Don't let dawg talk you into baby sitting.

Don

16. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

If you come for the Grand DO NOT STAY AT THE TAHITIAN RESORT. it's nothing but a flea bag in my opinion and they compromised my credit card this year when I was at the State shoot. Woody

17. blade819

BIGDON....we shook hands at St. Joe one very cold day. Will look for you when I'm there. It took 5 years to finally meet FLALARGTO until the Ohio State this year. I can't wait till next year.!!!!!!!

blade819

18. porky

porky TS Member

When I think of wind in Florida, I remember shooting at Polk County one week and the birds were all walking because of the cold and the wind.

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Wind - I shot doubles at Robinson Ranch one time and the wind was blowing so hard that the pieces and the misses were landing behind us.

Don

20. blade819

The wind ain't that bad.... unless your on the golf course side and its 37 degrees out. (sunday at the dixie 2008)

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.