1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dixie grand prices

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Adam54, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam54

Adam54 Member

Just got my program for the dixie grand and targets are 33.00 per hundred plus daily fees of 5.00 so 38.00 for your first hundred is a little high.I love the dollar don't get me wrong, but i thought target prices just dropped in Florida? WTF

2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Read my post in the Price of a Practice Round above. All the satellite grands seem to be charging the same, at least as far as I could see on the 'net. All $33 per hundred, so the Dollar is not charging any more than the other satellite grands.

Bob

3. Adam54

Adam54 Member

That is quite pricey what where they last year?

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I think they were the same price last year...........

D.P.Reynolds

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Dixie Grand prices last year were just about the same or a dollar or two less at most. The Dollars prices are very competitive with other major shoots throughout the country.

Eric

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Heck I'll have to finance my targets soon. LOL

7. Adam54

Adam54 Member

Maybe its just better if u say it fast and don't look at the check have them fill in the amount lol

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You pay $38 and you shoot a good score, you are first in your class, what do you win for first in class? HMB

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

You win a day-glo velvet painting of Elvis.

10. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The costs for an ATA satellite grand are fixed by the ATA and not the individual clubs that host the event. Go bitch to the ATA about the price of targets and while you are at it ask where all of the relocation fees (target surcharges) we paid for each 100 targets at the last years at Vandalia went.
    Mike Battista

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. HMB

12. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

ATA satellite grand ? What is a Satellite Grand? Is this where we compete with shooters all over a geographical area on the same day?

8.25 per 25, seems profitable for all. Will there be nice buckels for first place in each event?

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

You get shells with that? BT100dc

14. il shooter

il shooter Member

white flyer has reduce there price on targets this year .40 cents a case and dollar throws a lot of then but rises price to shoot more money for them.

15. straightshooter1

Well, if the price bothers you, just don't come down and don't shoot at the Dollar.

16. 27-T

27-T Member

Hey straightshooter1 - Thats a real nice arrogant attitude you put forth! The price is rediculous for $8.00 worth of targets, and your attitude just reinforces the ATA's goals of getting prices so high that only the select few will participate. Fifty plus years ago, trapshooting was a sport that everyone could afford, that wanted to shoot. The ATA's goals at that time was to make trap shooting affordable to all. The shell companys were the same.

In ATA's infinate wisdom, they've added all these catagories so that they are now pushing more trophies at more people, for more money. That was real smart!!! That must have been one of Wagner's grand ideas. Targets are cheaper than last year, so the ATA say's "lets raise the prices". I call that selfish, arrogant, out of touch, management. But they'll find a thousand reasons to tell US what a good deal they're giving us!! All of which is just plain B.S. You DO NOT need all these crazy catagories and their associated costs. You didn't have all those catagories and costs for over 100 years. Why do you need them now?

As for straightshooter1, Maybe he and all of his like attitude buddies can go someplace else and have a little shoot of their own. That way he and his like kind won't have to put up with all of us retired, fixed income, shooters. Or any of the poor working fathers and mothers trying to buy Jr. a nice gun on payments, shells for the shoot, and pay their own way to shoot as well.

Straightshooter1, You may well be able to afford those prices, and good for you! But your stinking, arrogant, smarteleck remark is uncalled for and disrespectfull to the majority of shooters who make up this sport. Why don't you take your attitude down to that club in south-east Florida where a life membership is only $72,000.00 and a round of trap is $10.00, and for members only. You sound like you'll fit right in!!!!!

17. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Consider yourself lucky.

A round of 100 sporting clays at a tournament at Indian River is $71. Of course that includes lunch but.....

18. plaw

plaw Active Member

27T You said it very well.

19. straightshooter1

27-T
    I don't think I was arrogant at all. If the price bothers a shooter, don't shoot there. Pretty simple. If I thought I was being gouged, I wouldn't. The Dollar charges the same or less than other clubs in Florida as far as I know (and I have shot at most of them). They give non-members the member's pricing at the big shoots unlike some other clubs. They are open 7 days a week and throw registered almost any time enough shooters want to shoot registered.

Of course, if one checked, one would find the Dollar already has the targets, bought at the old price, before WF lowered their prices.

Yes, I can afford to shoot there, and do. And will.

I have nothing to do with the ATA's/SD's pricing, and doubt my post here will influence them at all in anything they do. I do like the ATA, and I do like the Dollar. Not that either are perfect, but, at least for now, they are all we have.

When the price gets beyond what I think I want to pay, I just will either cut back or stop. Complaining here, rather than to Bill, the Club Manager, will do nothing to cause the Dollar to reduce prices.

Fifty years ago lots of things were different than they are now. It's not my fault anymore than it's your fault. You either put up with it, or do something about it personally. Like not shooting there.

BTW, why don't you stop in and tell Bill he's robbing customers as you suggested the Florida Clubs are doing in your first post (before it was pointed out to you that other satellite grands charge the same amount)?

Yeah, I thought not.

Bob

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

straightshooter1, If the ATA sets the price, and SD has no control over the cost, why make such an arrogant comment. "Just don't come down"???? If I ran the SD, I would look you up tomorrow and confiscate your key board.

The Dollar is a nice place, but there are other places to shoot.

Sometimes it's better to just not post anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.