1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dixie Grand payouts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbailey, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

Just looking at the payout for event #15 at the Dixie Grand, it seems the payouts these days are not very exciting. Looks like a lone 98 played all the money and if the shooter hit the max payout on all the purses and options, the check would be around $2333.00. Not exactly chump change but nothing like the good old days and after you deduct your expenses it looks even worse. For one full week of shooting out of state, a shooter would have to win a couple of events like this just to cover costs. I was never good enough to do that but that's another story.

Jeff

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The game has changed. Shooters are now very aware of the AAA shooters who consistently win. The Internet posts the info for all to see every week, one would have to be foolish to bet on beating these shooters when their average score is higher than most shooters ever break! Lewis purses are still played and some class and yardage ones. I see a trend of lower numbers of shooters in calcuttas, high gun and jackpot purses.

My 2 cents worth! Bob Schultz

3. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

Bob,

I see the same things. I been away from registered shooting for several years and am just getting back into it, but not for the money. I remember the old days when several shooters in the calcutta would got for $2000 to $3000 each.

Jeff

4. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Ah..The Old Days...Dad used to Talk about a Big Shoot in Ohio..Think it was called the Grand American...Ah..The Good Old Days..LOL.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Play $150 in options and win $20. What a bargin

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Earl,

Do you speak from experience?

Jon Reitz

7. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

smsnyder, you had a pair of 93's in two of the handicaps on tough targets. You were'nt far off another fancy trophy, nice shooting.

8. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

How about the fact that there was less than 400 shooters in that handicap and less than half play any money. I would say that was a fair payoff. How about we blame the economy and the fact that many shooters are spending what little extra income they have on something more important than shooting , instead of blaming it on aaa shooters. That argument is getting very old.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Go on RJ Stuart and see who the winners were in caps. It wasn't the AAA/27 yarders. This sport is so screwded up right now, it may not survive.

You have people who were on the 25 yard line 4 years ago shooting on the 21, 23 yarders shooting on the 20, and 23-27 yarders who have a legit 90-91 averages that have to shoot against legit 20-23 yarders, sandbagging short yardage shooters, and the BIG DOGS that average higher scores on caps than most others do on 16's.

Would you play the money?!!!!

and for some reason the ATA can't figure it out....DUH

10. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Rick n targets were tough to see with that black ring and the wind didn't help. Allmost won a few trophies. Payouts in Florida are normally low. Retired people don't play the money.

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Not a fairer statement on the game today than the Setterman's.

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The late Pat Ireland told me "don't play the options & you can afford to shoot new factory ammo". gave up reloading.

Phil Berkowitz

13. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

What does the ATA have to do with playing options?

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Did they not change the field you play in Lit?

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Some like to play from the red tee's, and still want strokes!

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

How Many???

Don

17. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Our Franklin Co league has a $5 lewis. Cathy sells box of Nitro 27's for $8. If you win the lewis you get $1.25. I add $3 & not play the lewis, so after 10 shoots I end up with a flat of Nitro 27's for $30. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.