1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dixie and Southern Grand Vendor Questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wineguy, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

As a Florida resident with a CW permit,can I buy a trap gun from an out of state dealer without a waiting period? Also,can purchases from these dealers be made without paying Fl sales tax?
    Thanks, BB

2. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

The answer to your first question is "yes" assuming that Florida law permits such (no background check with CCW).

The answer to your second question is "no", in theory, you should have to pay sale tax. Depending on the price of the gun and the integrity of the seller, it might be cheaper to make a deal on the gun and have them ship it from their place of business to a local FFL. All that said, it is not uncommon for an out of state dealer to sell a gun without charging sales tax.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Out of state dealers are not allowed to sell guns legally in a state not their own unless they have a license extension for that location. Face to face transactions such as these are illegal!!

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Face to face transactions? All the vendors there are legit, period. How have you been buying your trap guns, face to face?

5. oleolliedawg

Face to face transactions between an out of state dealer and a buyer are illegal from the sellers standpoint. FFL holders can only conduct business within their state of residence. Some may have a license extension granted for multiple business locations-like Jaquas-but the rest are risking a conviction for illegally selling firearms outside their primary location.

daddioo, are there any more aspects of this law you don't understand!!

6. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

So, I would assume that FFL dealers can transfer/sell inventory amongst themselves. If so then an out of state dealer simply has an agreement with a Fl. FFL holder on the premise and they transfer the firearm and I do the paperwork with the Fl dealer and receive my firearm without costly shipping and time. Is that correct?
    Thank you for the responses.BB

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Boy, thanks for straightening me out. I'll be sure and check for license extensions before I even browse the gun rack.
    Have a nice day scooter.

8. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Wineguy, Dad and I will be there for the Hall of Fame shoot and the Dixie, along with the Southern. We are licensed in the State of Florida to conduct business legally. We have just about everything, brands, available. Stop by and say hi, we'll be glad to help you with your decision. Thanks, Doug @ Shotgun Specialties 1-800-344-7468

Daddioo, give me a call, I've been trying to contact you concerning are wood deal, the # i must have transposed a number somehow, Doug

9. oleolliedawg

Wineguy, I doubt it. That would require the out of state dealer to display for sale guns he couldn't legally sell. I would say that the ATF would regard such behavior as fraudulent and they've already determined in the past that such sales were illegal.

The bigger question is would they make an issue of this situation without a complaint-maybe not- but it could happen. You might also find that none of these dealers has sales tax, state and local licenses to conduct business. You can see why the number of gun vendors at the Fla. shoots has diminished so much over the years with the advent of instant check.

You might want to see Mike Battista on the grounds for your purchases as I'm sure he is in total compliance with the law!!

10. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Call me in the morning about this.
    MIke Battista
    727 410 5212

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dixie grand vendors