1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ditched my land line, phone has stopped ringing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Catpower, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I need to look into it, I kind of need to keep my original number because I do still use it for business, if I am in the mood to do anything LOL

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I used to get PO'ed every time I got a call, now I tell them to go and get a real job just be a prostitute so they can make a good living and not have to bother anyone ... If its I guy I ask him if his folks know he is GAY and not as in Happy GAY ... Sometimes if its a woman I ask her what she is wearing ..? When the FOP calls I answer the phone Hello, FOP can I help you ..? Sometimes just start swearing in the back ground about the lousy SOB calling you ... Use your imagination ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. avery53

avery53 Member

I may have to consider dropping my land line too, I'm so sick of the 1-800 calls. And I'm on the do not call list. What a joke!

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Dropped mine several months back, don't miss it in the least! It's actually just one less thing to worry about and one less bill to stuff.

There's only my wife and I, we both have cell's, why pay three phone bills?

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I haven't had a land line in many years and don't miss it a bit.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I hate to burst your bubble, but spammers still call cell numbers. Even if you put your cell number on a do not call list.

And if you ever provide your cell number to a business, that's a green light for them to contact you under the rules.

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Not entirely using a cell phone for all my calls, but I use Vonage to cut the cord from my Verizon landline. Have not had any problems.

As most services of this type I was able to keep my old phone number before I dropped Verizon.

Easy to have all incoming calls routed to your cell phone if you wish. I set my system to send the call to my cell phone after 20 seconds of ringing. I take a look at who's calling, and if I don't answer it goes to my voice mail.

If a power outage or internet outage, all incoming calls can be set to automatically be sent to your cell phone.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Hard to break the old "an extention with in arms reach" convienence" with a land line phone. One of them is hard wired in case the power goes out. Considering dumping the cell as I never make calls on it and get maybe 3 incoming calls a month. Different strokes etc,...............

Eric

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I asked Jake from State Farm what he was wearing..........

HM

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I switched five years ago. One of the best things I ever did.

Besides saving the money for a land line, I don't get those annoying people calling me and wanting me to buy something.

Hauxfan!

11. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Member

I was getting up to 20 calls a night from people wanting me to give them money or buy some thing so I told the wife this has to stop, so I just turn my ringer off on are land line phone........ they can call all they want now and I don't even know it. We only us are land line phone to call out on when we want to talk for a long time to someone. Are friends and family know if they need to get a hold of us to call are cell phones.

12. oz

oz Active Member

I just turned the ringer off. ie: do not disturb. If watching TV the caller comes op on screen.

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Here's a little tidbit you may be able to use with your cell phone...

Our cordless landline phones have the blue-tooth feature. My wife has her cell phone set up so if anyone calls her cell phone while she's at home, the blue-tooth will pass it to our landline cordless phones. She no longer has to scramble to the kitchen were her phone sits on the charger.

14. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

For some reason no one calls me. My wife just reminded me that I don't have a phone. Nothing like the simple life.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

15. single stack

single stack Member

My security company requires a land line so I have the cheapest provider I can find.

A friend gave me a DIGITONE call blocker. When I see a number on the TV that I want to block, I let it go to voicemail. Then at my liesure I go to the call blocker, scroll to the offending number and hit the block button. That number will never ring my phone again. I don't quite have time to read the number on the TV and it's gone. At night I shut off the ringer and happily block any undesirable numbers in the morning.

16. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I will have to check on the DIGITONE call blocker.Will it work on a land line?

I turn on my Radio Shack TeleZapper and I think it tells the dialing computer that the number they dialed is not a good number and removes it from the computer. It does help.

I am on dial up for my computer but have two cell carriers and numbers and the wife has one cell and an ipad. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.