1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Disturbing Thoughts on Gun Control

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, in Wisconsin we have a governor who wants to keep the people disarmed. He has used every underhanded trick in the book to get legislators to change their vote, and the carry bill lost by one vote or so 2 times.

The whole state is swung by Madison Liberals and Milwaukee Metroplex entitlement voters for the most part.

They don't need weapons, the police will protect them. Uh-huh. Yeah. Perp beating down your door? call 911.

Sheesh.

HM

2. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

I encourage all of you to read the linked editorial. It is eye opening to me to read this from Mr. Zimmerman. I have been reading his editorials for years excoriating any effort to allow citizens to have CCW in Illinois. He has been as enthusiastically anti-gun as anyone I have ever read. Reading this editorial, however, I see perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel. If Mr. Zimmerman can be brought around to a common sense, logical way of thinking about guns in general and CCW in particular, by the shootings at Virginia Tech, perhaps there are others out there whose thinking is being swayed.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Governor of Arizona signed a bill into law that the schools campus police can now be armed, this was signed the day of the attacks at Virginia Tech ... I'm not sure if that includes the average citizen with a CCW being as we haven't seen it yet, but it will show up in the mail very soon I'm sure .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.