1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dissembling a Browning 20 gauge Magnum Twenty?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nhp1, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhp1

nhp1 TS Member

I'm trying to do a deep cleaning of my Browning 20 gauge Magnum Twenty and having a few questions on how to dissemble it. I know to do the basic dissemble to clean it, but I'm wanting to go further in my cleaning since it's very dirty inside the action and so forth. I'd like to know how to take apart the bolt, trigger, magazine tube etc. I've read the manual, but it only goes so far and recommends that I don't take the action apart. If anyone has any advice or tips it would greatly be appreciated. Thankyou!!

2. nhp1

nhp1 TS Member

Forgot to add it's an older A5 model.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Unless you have a Thin Bit screwdriver set, forget it. The set will cost about as much as a gunsmith would charge to do it for you.

If you want to do it anyhow, go to Brownells and get their Thin Bit Set.

I would remove the barrel, stock, trigger group, along with the action spring, and bolt, use a lot of brake cleaner with compressed air, then lube.

I imagine you can figure it out. The genius who designed the gun over a century ago made it very easy to break down.

I prefer Ballistol for such a service. These firearms frequently go decades between thorough cleanings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.