1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dissapointment at Wisconsin State Shoot Today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Soot Them All, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

I'm starting this thread to express my deep dissapointment at what happened to my sqaud this morning when trying to enter this 16 yard event. I presquaded for squad 11 on presquad.com 3 weeks before like I always do, and i know this was the first time the WTA has used this system or lack of one. So we classified and moved over to cashiering and when they swiped my card of course they said you haven't got a squad, I was quite upset at this news,, and i said i have a receipt right here, So we are told the computer crashed and they have no record of our squad and offer another squad in the 120 or so range, this was very bad news since we left home a 3:30 Am to shoot a first out, so we declined and said we would get back home way to late if we took this copout. We then went to discuss the matter with Mr. Otto and still didn't get anything fixed. needless to say we found it quite odd that not everybody that presquadded hadn't lost there spots why just us. I had to go cool off, and we hung around till noon then they offered to fit us in but 3 of mysquad mates had headed home all quite upset so we didn't get to shoot. I think the WTA needs to get it together and presquad.com is a JOKE. I know the WTA won't care if we never show up again and that is a shame to turn away shooters because they don't know how to run a shoot. Since a trapshoot is a businees event of selling targets and they turned away a whole squad that has shot at Waukesha for 10 years plus it is there loss, because I no longer will tell anyone to attend your pitifull shoot ever. So now I have to see if I can get my presquad money back and I'm out a tank of gas and a whole day wasted. That's a shame. Steve Farver

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Get over it, computers do crash and do lose some data sometimes and all the data sometimes. They offered you the next available, that it didn't meet your needs is not their fault.

Eric

3. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

to Mixer, I believe it is there fault, Yes we could have taken a later squad, They need to learn how to backup such data. I bet you would have been upset if it happened to you and I hope it does someday. SF...

4. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

theres alot of people not happy i havent shot yet but 90%of who i talked to said targets were terrible ill find out tomorrow at 29 100 they better be decent

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Soot them all,

Life is full of disapointments and unmet expectations. Learning to deal with them is part of the process. BTW thank you for wishing the same for me someday, how nice of you. Until that happens you might want to learn the difference between "there" and "their".

Eric

6. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Well, if I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and left home at 3:30 and was delivered the news "Soot" received, I would of been pissed also. Appears that Soot drove quite a ways to attend. Perhaps the shooting venue needs to confirm back to the shooter that they have indeed been presquadded through presquad.

7. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

by the way only people that usually post are regulars at waukesha and they can do no wrong

8. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I don't have a dog in this issue, but it seems to me a state ATA chapter would or should have redundant computers, backup systems or whatever for something as important as a state shoot. Even so, in my (limited) experience with computers, most computer 'crashes' today aren't really crashes like we used to experience in the early days, but more often operator errors. Again, no dog here, but just an observation.

LA

9. K-Hornet

K-Hornet Member

I was there on Wed. & Thurs. with some buddys, presquaded and drove 3+ hrs also. They had problems on those days also. Wed. we signed in for caps and three others showed up with the same squad #s. Since we signed in first we were allowed to shoot and they found new squads for the later people. The next day Thur. 8 shooters showed up for the same station. They found new squads for us also. As they say S--- happens. The wind was tougher then the minor problems this caused. I also had to stay later then planed but had a good time. Nice people and was about as well run as anywhere else. Everyone was as helpfull as they could be with these and other problems that come up with a big shoot. Will be back next year.

10. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

"I don't have a dog in this issue" either. (copied qoute from above)

But how hard is it to for the event directer or his staff to call presquad.com, and say

"hey our computor crashed! what did we lose?"

when I have used presquad.com it is on it's own server not the clubs!

AL Lingham

11. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

If our wisconsin friend has the ability to come on here and complain, I think we should have been made aware of Wisconsin crashes. I would have been very disappointed as well.Problems do occur and problems will continue to occur.
    Presquadding & prepayment are wonderful.
    Room for improvement.
    Glad it was not me.

Joe Woods/Ontario

12. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Soot, you got a raw deal. Big Al said it best, presquad.com has all the<br>
    records on their computers. Eric, have you ever been to the Wisconsin<br>
    State Shoot? I have, ONCE, lesson learned. Harv Shell.

13. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

I would have been upset too... very upset. But... I would have simply asked for my pre squadding money back, accepted the much later squad and dealt with getting home late...

...shooting at all is more important to me than shooting at the exact time I was looking for.

I'm sorry for your inconvenience.

Walker

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ah yes, the ole "6P Principle" is alive an well yet again!!

Curt

15. big goose 22

big goose 22 TS Member

I bet if they were from wisconsin,not illinos something surely would have been done to fix the situation.

16. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>"Get over it, computers do crash and do lose some data sometimes and all the data sometimes."</blockquote>

Tough words, but the fact remains that when the WTA offered the service (either directly or as an agent for the provider) in exchange for money (even if it did not receive any or part of the money), they entered into a binding contract with anyone who purchased the service. Failing to provide the service, for whatever reason, constitutes a breach of the contract by failure to deliver.

Carol Lister

17. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

This happened to some shooters last month at the NJ state shoot, they also drove a considerable distance. Did this happen when shooters had the option to presquad through mail in forms?

18. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I realize it does create a little "ill will" when things like this happen, but sometimes you have to roll with the punches. We have used presquad.com many times without a problem but anything is subject to happen. What I don't understand is why WTA didn't request updated info from presquad.com's database.

Did anyone contact Obama to see if he could send some high ranking cabinet members down there to straighten out the mess? Bet he could fix this. He's got his finger in everything else.....

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I never used presquad but if I was going to drive that far I would have a printout, and after reading the original post over again I still don't know if WTA or Presquad is the offending party.

HM

20. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

It sure seems to me that when they KNEW the computers had problems that they would still have some idea of what was presquaded and kept enough openings to cover that situation. Don't think i would be too pleased with that kind of treatment either. Ross

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.