1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Displaying Trophies

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kevin Nelson, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

What does everyone do with all the tropies they win over the yesrs? Do you throw them in the closet or cedar chest never to see them again, or do you have a display room, shelf or bench you show them off on? How about a few pics of your trophy rooms?

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Me-- win a trophy certainly you jest. Ross Puls

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Never been an issue??

4. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Years ago the trophies generally were plated plastic for the smaller shoots and sometimes Silver Plate, Crystal cups, or decent Merchandise at the larger shoots. Belt buckles got worn and even worn out. Kershaw knives got used and even abused. MEC reloader got used to the point of worn out. John Hall gun case is still chugging along. The cheapest plated plastic trophies got stuck in boxes and during one or another PCS move got lost or thrown away. The trophies this year are mostly good, if just pretty, pieces. Wall clocks, Bird Houses, Club Logo caps, Silver Rounds, and even a carved bone Wolf that is very nice and is in my Wife's China Cabinet with her Spoon collection and Mineral specimens with some intrinsic value. Momma is as proud of my trophies as I am, maybe a bit more because each trophy means that she had a very good time and met some vary wonderful people. She can't wait to show them off to our kids and grandkids and, as soon as he is able to say wow, our greatgrandson. ( Won't be long. Maybe next year. HeH ) The trophies are memory prompts that serve to recall the good times. The absense of a trophy for those days I shot second best is good too. I can forget the frustration of watching that target fly off unharmed.

Anyone want to buy some Jadeite or gem Turquoise?

Don T

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I gave the boxes with the Trophys in them to my oldest son when he was younger, he sold them to his Buddy's and all of their parents were bringing them back figuring their kid was not supposed to have them ... I told them all to keep them and not to worry about it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I haven't won very many, especially given the amount of lead expended, but here they are. Son's archery trophies mixed in there along with some other shooting momentos, like the hull from his first broken trap target. Its a trophy shelf, not a trophy room.

Dave Eberhart

rhymeswithorange_2008_20084.jpg

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I have several of my ATA Provincial Shoot trophies displayed in my office, but the silver plated chaffing dish I won at the Montana State Shoot in '94 is too big so it sits in my storage room.

Ron Burr

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I know that a lot of people here make negative comments about "trinket shooters" and getting a trophy for being "first loser". But for me they are a reminder of all of the shoots that I've been to and all of the milestones that I have achieved. It's nice to look them over and remember how it felt to break a score to make the 27-yard line or win a shoot-off at the Grand, and also to remember the guys I've shot next to when winning those trophies. My good friend and shooting partner passed away in 2007 and some of those trophies I won when we were on trips together to the Silver Dollar, the NSC in San Antonio, and when we took the wives along to the Las Vegas Fall Handicap at the old LVGC. It also documents the improvements over the years, with D class and short-yardage trophies mixed in with A and AA as well as long-yardage trophies.

The dining room in our house is the second least used room in the house (behind the living room), so I was able to secure some wall space for my trophies. I mostly display the significant ones, Grand, Satellite Grands, State Shoots, and others that have a significant meaning. For a few years White Flyer gave bronze eagles for HOAs at the satellite grands, and my wife really likes those, so she doesn't complain much.

Scott

scottcalhoun_2008_03035.jpg

9. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I only have two, one is a big buck, and the other is a 2nd runner up at our local club shoot.

Yes, there were more than three shooters.

My wife has the best trophy, ME.

All in all....

Kenny U

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I sell the bags and shell carriers to junior shooters.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have kept many league trophies over the years. We got in the habit of putting the team members' names on the plate.

Now when I look at them I see several names of those who have gone on.

Glad I kept them.

HM

12. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I gave a lot of mine to Boy Scouts and other youth shooter groups. They re-lable them if possible to make them appropiate for their competitions..Smokit

13. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Halfmile that was a good idea!