1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Employee Suspended

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A Disney employee was suspended after challenging the company’s gun policy.

http://www.wesh.com/news/16791034/detail.html

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They need a thousand or so letters and emails.

Disney is a sanctuary for gays and liberals. I won't let my grandchildren ever go there, or buy their movie tapes.

HM

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

If you read the entire article in the link you'll see that an exemption in the recent new Florida gun carry law allows Disney to do just what they did.

Eric

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Anyone who has watched Fantasia should realize that good old Walt used hallucinator drugs. His company has only continued in the liberal ways of their founder

5. Juno

Juno TS Member

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Sounds like this guy was looking for a headline and a way to get terminated so he could be famous.

Ronbo

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Disney did what the did because they can and because they want to ... so just what is the problem or like Ronbo said ... just a person looking to try and make a headline and be famous.

What most of us do not realize when we support fools like this is that in the long run fools like this turn more against the cause and only makes it more difficult to keep our guns.

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Quote-"Sounds like this guy was looking for a headline and a way to get terminated so he could be famous"

Kind of like that trouble maker Heller, from Washington DC????

Quote-"What most of us do not realize when we support fools like this is that in the long run fools like this turn more against the cause and only makes it more difficult to keep our guns."

How far do you need to be pushed before you decide to push back?

How much are the fireworks related to the everyday business of Disney? If the law allows a firearm locked in an employee's vehicle, park at the Quickie Gas Mart, what's the difference?

Doug

9. 100straight

100straight Member

Yep..... those rotten troublemakers. I remember reading about a bunch of them (George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and a whole bunch of others) that made King George mad, and he sent the army to deal with them. They should have just complied with what he said. After all, they were troublemakers and they had guns!!!

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

10. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Some of us seem to confuse civilization with Western paperbacks and movies.

Frankly, I do not want masked men and Indians toting six-guns in my neighborhood, or stashed in their pimp mobile, even if they swear they shoot silver bullets. Disney does not want 'em in its theme park either.

Let that "liberal" Disney take care of it's business. It appears to have the situation well in control. Mr. Sotomayor was a jerk.

The surest and quickest way to lose a right is to abuse it. Mr. Sotomayor was a jerk.

11. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Maybe we will get to see the case go to court. That is what I think the guy is trying for. He can contest the rule on the idea that fireworks are not the explosives exempted in the law. It should be a fun try anyway. What you wanta bet Walt settles out of court for an undisclosed amount? The guy gets rich and never works again.

Maybe I'll go try the same thing. What the hell - Walt won't let me in with a gun in my car - go to court.

"Disney claimed a loophole in the new law means the company does not have to comply. There is an exemption for businesses that import, manufacture or deal in explosive materials and Disney has a federal permit to handle fireworks."

Has Disney cleared the exemption or is this the test?

12. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I guess this is becoming "LIBERALS.COM" Personally I HATE Disney. I think they are a bunch of gay commie pinkos. They protect pedifiels and other low lifes.They don't have to worry about me going near the place and their "Gay Day" celebrations! They are a bunch of liberal SCUM BAGS! The guy wasn't packing the gun on his hip! He had it locked in his car. I have NO USE for anti gun liberals in ANY form PERIOD! The new FL law states that if you have a CCW permit employers cannot fire you for a gun SECURED IN YOUR VEHICLE. It doesn't say you can carry it into the workplace. If somebody doesn't like that then they can stay the hell OUT of FL. We don't need your liberal @$$ here anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.