1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dislocated Shoulder & Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluskyshooter, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Hi, Just wondering if any shooters out there have (or had) dislocated shoulder injuries ... and continued shooting ? If so, how has it worked out for you ? I just finished my first full summer of trapshooting .... and noticed recently my shoulder starting to have a lingering soreness. Then the other day, after 300 rounds, or so, I took a shot that sent stinging pain thru my shoulder. I immediately put the gun down for the day. I had successful shoulder surgery years ago ... and am a little afraid if I keep shooting I could re-injur the shoulder. Not sure what to do.
    Thanks, Brian

2. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Not sure what to do??? How about VISIT THE DOCTOR!

3. wolfba

wolfba Member

I agree with the previous poster. Find a good orthopedic surgeon and discuss your concerns. I used to have an issue with dislocating my shoulder. I've since had shoulder surgery and after that broke my collar bone on the same shoulder. Everything feels fine, but it took some time.

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Nahhh! Visit the doctor? That makes too much sense!

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Doctor?? That's what T's.com is for!

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

ahhhhh - you guys are about as much help as .... ?? I'll see the Doc when it really hurts ! Was just wondering if anyone has had dislocated shoulder history ... and how they are managing with shooting alot ? Is it a problem, not a problem, etc ?? Thanks.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

"Dislocated shoulder" and ".........that sent a stinging pain through my shoulder" was probably perceived as "it really hurts" and folks were concerned about you. Nothing wrong with that.

8. high 2

high 2 Member

I have over the years dislocated both shoulders so much I lost count on how many times they have been out. I've since had both repaired. I had three discs fused in my neck about 5 years ago. Shooting rarely bothers them, and I shoot quite a bit. Good luck, and keep shooting. Larry

9. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Pain is normally the body's way of telling you something is wrong.

I would "assume" if you continue to have pain that there is a problem.

Personally I join those above who said see a doctor, OR.. you can just wait till you have done enough damage that you can no longer shoot.

10. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Pain in my neck and shoulder blade area, left me with getting an MRI....an disc problem between C-5 and C-6 was immediately discovered. Therapy is going well, and hope to be back shooting in a few months. See a good orthopedic!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.