1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dishwashers??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have a superman dishwasher.. it wont take crap of anything...
    its a GE quite power 3.. bought it brand new 1 1/2 years ago and it has to be the sorriest appliance we have ever owned.. you can run the dishes through it 2-3 times and they are still dirty.. we have to pre-wash the dishes before we put them in there.. I cant imagine how this happens but.. you can load glasses in it upside down of course and when you take them out there is all kinds of sandy looking gritty stuff stuck to the inside bottom of them..?? I regulary take the wands out to make sure all the water holes are free and not clogged.. what.. in you opinion is a real good dishwasher to buy? thanks!

2. Robb

Robb Member

Kitchenaid. Their better ones have a stainless tub and are super quiet.

3. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Just built our house a year and a half ago. Bought all new kitchaid stuff, per wife. Happy with everything but the dishwasher it absolutely sucks, and it was not cheap.

Gsw

4. JDEERE

JDEERE TS Member

blkcloud,
    I bought a GE , what a piece of garbage. Lasted a year before i threw it out.Bought a Kitchenaid with a stainless tub, good unit.

5. fcd67

fcd67 Member

I really like Bosch. Very quiet and do a great job cleaning.

6. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Bosch here too. Super quiet. About 5 yrs, no issues. Had some questions and talked to the company phone bank. They Speak english. Bought a front load washer from that experience and I like it even better.

7. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The federal government strikes again--

"...Federal legislation to ban dishwasher detergents containing all but trace amounts of phosphates is designed to help the environment. But many of the eco-friendly products in the latest batch we tested are not great at cleaning dishes." Consumer Reports, 8-09

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/august-2009/home-garden/dishwasher-detergent/overview/dish-detergent-ov.htm

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

Samsung here. Quietest we've ever had. Cleans good. Looks good (stainless front and inside.)

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

We bought a silent partner III Whirlpool as they were rated so high. The pump burnt out in month 13, out of warranty. The Maytag man on TS.com told me how to fix it, even calling me with instructions, which I followed and it has been super ever since. Jackie B.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"there is all kinds of sandy looking gritty stuff stuck to the inside bottom of them..?? "

What do you have for a water source? Maybe you need an inline filter. I almost hate to admit it, but everything that goes in our dishwasher gets at least rinsed. I never did figure the garbage grinding feature of any dishwasher was too good. I could be wrong.

11. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

We currently have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher, which works very well, as long as I remember to keep salt in the water softener. I've had to get it repaired twice.

I've bought my last North American made appliance. I bought all new Maytag top of their line appliances 4 years ago. I've had to repair them all, except the gas dryer.

I will take a hard look at the Bosch stuff, when I get tired of repairing the current junk. Bill Malcolm

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

We also have a Bosch

It is Very quiet<br>
    The Power Scrub mode cleans like a commercial dishwasher in a restaurant<br>
    Has Sanitize on several modes including the Power Scrub that steam cleans<br>
    It is also very efficient with water use

13. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Seems the general consensus is my experience as well. I have had 2 Kitchen-aid SS dishwashers, both very quiet and good cleaners. I rinse, so garbage grinding feature is nice, but I try not to use it.

I had a Bosch unit, and it was the quietest by far, and a great cleaner. I would not hesitate to buy one again, but kept the whole kitchen consistent in newer homes.

I have a GE Profile in a home, and it actually is an OK unit. Not nearly as quiet, but does a good job cleaning. It would not be my first choice, but it works OK.

14. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Bosch is very good; Electrolux is a bit better.

Dave

15. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Best dishwasher is me. I have a Whirlpool but never use it. I live alone so it would take 2 weeks to fill it up.

Eric

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We have a Kitchenaide that works great, back in the old days they were the best hands down

But what you might look at is the strainers in the bottom under the wash arms, some times they can get plugged and then the pump can't get enough water to clean the dishes good, check under the top strainer, as there is usually another finer one underneath it

It might not be the problem, but it was quite a few times back when I worked on appliances

17. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bosch, make sure you get the condensation drying unit. No heat element to melt plastics, inline heater heats water to 161 degrees and SS interior holds heat to dry the dishes. Too much soap is the bane of all dishwashers, 1 teaspoon will do it.

18. dhip

dhip Active Member

My wife works just fine,cheap maintainance too.,,LOL

Doug H.

19. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I'll stick with Maytag, never pre-rinse anything and everything comes out clean...Bill

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Did I ever tell you about the time I converted my dishwasher into a snow-thrower?

Yep, I bought her a shovel.

-Gary ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.