1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dishonest Seller on t.s. .com

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lightfoot, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

Don't forget to pursue the felony mail fraud angle too. I've used that Ebay scammers and they have always cried uncle. :)

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

He shipped directly to you? Do you have an FFL? Sounds like a problem

You should be able to get him on the deal but you might have some legal problems of your own

who is this Mark? You can possibly bring a legal action against him also

Write a letter to each of them

Tell them you want to return the gun- in the letter document your attempts to contact them to do that- send those letter certified mail- keep copies

Set a time in the letter to talk - also a time when you are going to ship the gun back- specify all the details of the failed inspection period

Contact the US Postal service if this fails- they are the investigative body for internet fraud

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. g7777777

Gary- if you attempted to contact him- the time would be tolled - ie if a reasonable person believes you--if that term was not in your "verbal contract" and if neither one of you is a dealer in goods under the UCC

dont worry about the fine print above- no one would send a gun back to someone who they arent sure is at the address in question if he is a private party.

By the way- does he have an FFL? you cant send it directly back to him anyway

again though- you havent denied that he sent the gun directly to you or you havent stated if you have an FFL

now put that all in the letter to document it and send that letter- that lays the foundation for future action and helps an attorney if you should have to obtain one

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that you were taken advantage of. We all deserve better than that from fellow shooters. Mkes it real ahrd to trust anyone. Did he cash the check or did he deposit it? Might be helpfull in tracking the guy down if he deposited the check.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Gary: Don't delete the emails that you sent to him. Copy them for future referrence. Emails have dates and times on them and also shows the content of your concerns. Good Luck. Ed

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Gene has it roght on this one.

sometimes when buying it is wise to have the seller use an FFL too, that way complaints are easier to resolve. No dealer wants to get in a pissing contest.
    Especially if ATF gets a complaint.

HM

7. g7777777

Both my posts are still above

regards

Gene

8. g7777777

dont remember- sorry

oh yea - was that the one that the rib looked like a K32 barrel rather than a K80 barrel? and I asked if it was a K80 O/U barrel or a K32 barrel?

is that the one you are talking about?

Gene

9. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Post a photo. I'll bet that someone on this site can help you repair or repalce the rib or suggest a shop that can. I have had to work out a few rack dings on various guns and found that if you take your time it is not difficult.

Good luck.

10. g7777777

Ed does have a perspective- used guns arent perfect -- if you did return it and this bent is a minor thing- I think you would probably be liable for shipping and insurance both ways

regards

Gene

11. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gary what value do you put on the parts not shipped?

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ed Haley :

I always thought you would be a good guy to deal with if ever I wanted to buy something from you but I was impressed with the part you saying to repair it and resell it to get the money back but what really caught my attention was you said I slammed several people over the years on no-contact deals.
    And The one I got the maddest was a fellow I couldn't contact for a month

Then you said the guy was on a trip to africa and he sent pictures of the trip also you said most was legit on the excuses.

Anyway you didn't have to admit fault but you did but of course we all would think something was wrong with the no cantact back to use.

Well just want to say im sure you would be a good guy to deal with because you can see both sides of the fence sometimes a little paitence pays off.

Foghorn220

13. mono1393

mono1393 Member

I agree with Foghorn. He gave a great solution to the problem. If I could get a K-80 for $5000 with a bent rib I would go for it if I knew that I could get it straightened out.

I know Ed personally and know that he is fair and honest to deal with. Just my 2 cents.

Chris J Morris

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Sorry to hear your plight.

If you paid via PayPal, you do have some recourse there.

A bent rib should, hoever, be easy to fix would think.

WW

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    whiz white, quote: ".....If you paid via PayPal, you do have some recourse there....."<br>
    <br>
    For the umpteenth time, you will NOT have any recourse from PayPal, because it is a ToS (Terms of Service) violation to use PayPal to conduct firearm transactions. In essence, they don't have to pay you for any loss because you committed fraud using their service for a forbidden transaction. And they have the right to terminate your account.<br>
    <br>

16. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you plan to keep the gun, send it Norbert at RK shooting in San Antonio, Texas and let him re-rib it. I had the same problem with one of my K-80's and he did a fine job. He worked in Ottsville for several yrs. at the plant. Hope this helps, Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.