1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion on ATA $100,000 added money

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I was at a club near Cincinnati Ohio and overheard discussion about the ATA $100,000 DOLLAR ADDED MONEY.

They said the hell it is added money, you have to pay $100.00 to get any of it,
    They said that is bullsh*t, It ain't added money, and you have to shoot the 900 targets to get any of it.

GB
    DLS

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

But you set them straight on their misconceptions, yes? and explained to them how options work, didn't you? That options are ... optional, and if you want to make money, you have to be in the opt, di-int'cha?

LongShorts?

where'd you go?

Has anybody seen our quasi-official 'Ohio-Explainer-in-Chief'?

youhooo, LongShorts ...

3. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

You cant try logic with a dimwit especially when he is unarmed. I was at a gas station a week ago and heard a few people sayin the lottery is over 5 million but I have to pay a dollar for a chance to win it...duh

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

LS, the only people that think you have to shoot the 900 targets to get "any" of the $100,000 are people that don't read things for themselves and only listen to people repeating your inaccurate previous postings. Sounds like you have quite a following around there. Really, how can you post that statement about having to shoot 900 targets to "get any of it" after all the postings trying to explain it to you?

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

And then there are the people that give true definition to the old saying

"You can't fix stupid"

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that if you played 9 lewis purses at the Grand. It will only cost you $180 it costs $20 to play a single lewis.

$100 seems to me like a good deal you get 9 lewis purse entries for almost half the money.

Bob Lawless

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I thinka lot of people who do not play purses and options have a hard time understanding them.

8. Dr.Longshot

I reserve any comments until I read the Program Myself, Have any of you seen the Grand American Program?

Reading the program will convince me.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Then why do you open your yap and pass gas, prior?

Oh yeah, and BTW, how will READING <i> THIS</i> time be any improvement over the other 74 times where black-letter writing has failed to get you to see just how silly you are?

Mash the link. Then READ!

Bob

10. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Rick Barker, you are right! I am fairly new to trap shooting and playing the options. How is the Lewis option figured? Is there a formula for it, or is it like buying a lottery ticket? Can you explain? I understand the 25, 50, front run, back run, but have never understood the Lewis option. Who was/is Lewis btw?

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Click on the link above and read how it is figured for yourself. BTW google is your friend.

Bob Lawless

12. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Thanks for the link Bob.

13. Dr.Longshot

Goatskin you need some reading comprehension classes, I QUOTE, WAITING FOR THE PROGRAM. Maybe you ought to wait and see how it is written. OR CAN YOU READ or do you just look at the PURTY Pitchurs.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

LongShort, you have GOT to be kidding ... that YOU, above all people is interested in facts ... and in ATA minutes, legal language, resolutions ...

You didn't answer, however ... WHY did you shoot your mouth off and stir anything up at the trap club ... IF, as you admit now, that you had no idea what you were yammering about?

How many threads have there been on the 100K? Did you read any of them?

The ATA announcement is pretty clear ... and has been for, oh, the last month or so. Why are you still so ill-informed?

Could it be on purpose?

Bob

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The Lewis Class System was developed by James Lewis, a representative of the Winchester Company in 1911. It was developed to provide a way to "classify" shooters based on their performance and fairly distribute trophies or money prizes.

The page from the Sporting Life magazine that is linked above (issue of March 16, 1912) has a brief article by Mr. Lewis in response to the question, "What can be done to increase the numbers of trapshooters."

16. mity mite

mity mite TS Member

I was under the impression from the ATA press release that these monies come from the general fund. Our increased daily fees go into that fund.

Also, this was a decision made by the EC without consulting the delegates. Don't blame your delegate!

If you don't want to donate to that fund/purse then do not shoot registered targets. A portion of your fees will go into this purse. As the Illinois delegate implied you don't have control over your money once you have spent it.

I think there will be another spin on this soon.

When does the program come out?

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Amazing this "mity mite" just joined a few days ago and is picking up where one of the resident idiots left off. Hmmmm, "nameisjoe" created a new name? Tell us "mity mite" who is the IL delegate on this forum.

P. S. wait until the mods match up your IP address.

18. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Arvo11

The Lewis Class is a fun event and you do not have to shoot a perfect score to win it.

Play it as much as you can.

As your interest in purses and options increases, you will find different money games in different locales.. Sometimes they are games you know, but will find them called under a different name as shoot at different clubs.

When you get a good explanation like Bob gave you, print it out, along with others, put them in a notebook or binder and take it with you, that way, until you learn them, you will have a handy reference to help you decide which ones to play from the shoot program.

19. Kolar G

Kolar G TS Member

Since I don't shoot doubles, do I have to pony up money that I can't possibly get back or is it kind of pro-rated?

20. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Kolar G,

I believe this has been explained to you before, but here it is again.

Each Lewis for the eight affected events will be enhanced by having money added to the payouts in accordance with the following schedule:

$5,000 will be added to Friday’s Michelob Lite Singles

$8,000 will be added to Friday’s Budweiser Handicap

$5,000 will be added to Friday’s Bud Light Doubles

$6,000 will be added to Saturday-Sunday’s NRA Singles

$8,000 will be added to Saturday’s Krieghoff 100 Handicap

$5,000 will be added to Saturday’s RIO Ammo Doubles

$8,000 will be added to Sunday’s Blaser Handicap

$5,000 will be added to Sunday’s Wenig Doubles

That's a total of $50,000.

The remaining $50,000 will be added to a HOA Lewis on the 900 targets that will be shot in the eight events mentioned above (the NRA Singles is a 200-target event). That option will cost $100.

If you don't shoot doubles, do not enter the 900-target HOA Lewis. Just enter the individual singles and handicap event Lewis'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.