1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

discussion about another association?????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by motordoctor, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I was at the club today and the talk was about another association starting on the east coast or where ever. I know they have the PITA out west and ATA around most of the country. The people asked a bunch of questions???
    1. What happens if there is another association formed or used to register targets. People can already cross register targets between both associations.

2.With all the discussion of the Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan associations that have large facilities that could host an event, what happens if they all got together and formed an association??

3.Not trying to start anything just information. People like PITA could register the targets and more clubs could hold "registered" shoots.

How about some feedback as this has not been discussed here for awhile.

Motordoc

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

As long as the new association doesn't send me too much junk mail.

Because that really torques our butts, you know.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've got a name for it, "The Bull Moose Shooters Association".

ss

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

short shucker

"I've got a name for it, "The Bull Moose Shooters Association".

I think I would only change one word in that name. Unfortunately I can't tell you what I would change it to....LOL

Bob Lawless

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Can you imagine what it would be like? Filled with shooters who always have all the answers! Sounds like paradise, or maybe the White House.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

ivanhoe,

I'm glad someone got that bit of humor.

ss

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

EE---I think that new shooting organization should have some charter members as well as their own Hall Of Fame by now. The membership numbers have to be getting into the hundreds of thousands by now.---Matt

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

short shucker you almost have to get them there isn't to much to laugh about on this site anymore. So I can't afford to miss the fun stuff.

Watch you will probably get the copy and paste warning about me from Mr. Rounds it follows me like the plague.

Bob Lawless

9. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

A great opportunity for an enterprising promoter, it seems to me. And it wouldn't even have to be a trapshooter! An outsider could just spend some time here on TS.com, decide what shooters _really_ want, and set it up. Here are a few certainties.

Tournament and rules:

1. Three hole, 52 yard targets, of course. Matched with the required 35-yard line, everyone should have an equal chance, regardless of his (explained later) skill, if any.

2. A Professional class. Dogs over, say, fifty pounds will be classified "big" and wear appropriate tags to single them out.

3. Television profits to be split between life members.

4. Whopping mandatory purses to bring back "money shooting." Jeeps as the grand prize at the big shoots.

4. Shot speed to be either 1200 fps or unlimited, to be decided by membership vote, on a week-by-week basis, as described under "organization."

5. There will be no failures to fire, no "no targets," no illegal targets, no slow pulls, none of that cheat'n whatsoever. If something comes out of the house and anyone sees it, you had better hit it, period.

Organization:

1. First, and probably most important, there will be no officers to make bad decisions. This will be a direct democracy, with every member voting (life members twice) on everything using Twitter. Any member who thinks of anything will be expected to tweet all the others with his (since there are no categories, everyone can be called "he" and thus save all that "he or she" nonsense) proposal and the decision will be settled within the 24 hour time limit for every vote and implemented immediately. After all, if the shooters want it, why wait? The rulebook will be on line and members will just download it every couple of days and see what the rules for this weekend will be. Every voter's vote will be sent to every other member so they can keep tabs on one-another and denounce back-sliders here when they screw up.

2. Life members own half and will fairly split the profits with the originating promoter, except they are not responsible for losses but heck, there won't be any of those anyway.

3. The club will be chartered in Nigeria in case there are any problems.

4. No averages will be kept since they just lead to "average protection." Thus shooters will basically classify themselves, though they may be moved by a majority twitter vote, or here by any five posters.

5. The Grande will be held in Las Vegas, in August. It will not be hot.

6. The rulebook will govern everything, in sub-micron detail, and even typos will be enforced. There will be no exceptions to this rule except that every target-call, every management decision, every option payout will be subject to change, essentially forever, again by a vote of five members here on TS.com.

7. No member will be required to use his real name, again, just as here on TS.com.

I know I've missed some stuff, but also know that I can count on contributers here to set me straight.

I say it's about time; let's get rolling!

Neil

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Very good Neil!

Guy Babin

11. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Neil, That's funny. Thanks, Todd

12. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

This is what Pro Bowling did when the sport went broke.

http://www.pba.com/

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Twitter will be a good addition. I like the WikiRuleBook idea too.

So, when do we start?

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

How about charts and graphs? Can those be outlawed?

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Sure, just write it into the rule book.

16. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

LMAO, are two piece hulls outlawed? Is there an introductory offer for lifetime memberships? I'll take one. Wayne

17. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

What a great post Neil!

The one area that you only touched on that needs further review(this week), is that factory only shells will be allowed. The vendor for such shells will be handled by the "Life" membership and said residules shall be disperced evenly.

Unless you are a native of Ohio, you'll be subject to penalty yardage and class.

ss

18. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Motor Dr. Neil has a keen wit, unfortunalty he's not that trap shooting whiz he half "fancies" himself to be. Sarcasm, charts and graphs can only fool the easily fooled. Any shooter that would dare question him or his beloved ATA is a threat to his psyche. Unfortunatly he's not a trap shooter in the mold of you and I, he is an ATA shooter only. He doesn't understand why the lack of Hero worship from us. Don't let him get you down. You're exactly right with your observations. Unrest is brewing and the group in power want to belittle and blame, they put the ATA's eggs in Illinois and the basket has a hole in it. A hole that many of us saw and told them about beforehand. Now when we come up with an offer to try and keep the HOF from making the same mistake what can they say? Point to the nonexistent success of Sparta or Blame anyone and everyone who warned them in the first place.

I talked to the president of the PITA, Jen Carter the other nite for about thirty minutes and she e-mailed a bunch of PITA stuff, I'll send you it by private message. Interesting reading. She couldn't have been nicer. She told me the PITA had only one paid employee and that their presidents didn't get a new gun just for going through the VP chairs. Niel left out what kind of gun he got.

DR, she also told me that PITA delegates were picked on the number of shooters a state had. That made it hard for a state with no members to control states with lots of members. Like Hawaii had one and Oregan eight for example.

You should be thanked for your interest in trap shooting.

Brad Dysinger .

19. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

EE.....I think I remember the "NEW" organization. Let's get our "ACT" together!! Join "ACT"....The Atlantic Coast Trapshooters.!!! by the way???? what were the dues?? and where the Hell did the treasure get too?....oh well; my dues are paid in the ATA.........RUN'EM....."WOW".....that rhymes!!MY DUES ARE PAID IN THE ATA.............

20. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Brad "I'm not a very smart man" Dysinger,

The fact that you're a wannabe politician has become painfully obvious. When you can't outwit the competition, you just start mud slinging.

Just another fine example of what comes from OHIO!

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.