1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discovery cancels second gun show, 'Gun Country'

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Discovery cancels second gun show,

Discovery has canceled its second gun-themed series, Gun Country.

The cancellation news comes just a few days after the announcement that the network would be canceling American Guns.

Fox News reports that Discovery didn’t give a reason as to why they canceled American Guns, only saying “Discovery Channel chose not to renew the series and has no plans to air repeats of the show.’

It’s suspected the show was canceled due to the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

The network didn’t give a reason for Gun Country’s cancellation either, but in October, host Ted Nugent said “We expect that there will be at least a dozen shows a year.”

It hasn’t been announced if Sons of Guns will be renewed yet, and The History Channel, Outdoor Channel and TruTV haven’t responded to requests for comment on whether or not they will keep their gun-related shows on the air in light of the fatal shooting of 28 people at Sandy Hook elementary last Friday.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/12/discovery-cancels-second-gun-show-gun-country

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

any bets they won't cancel any of their brain dead show!!

I don't know if "Whale Wars" is on there, but it needs to go!

3. neofight

neofight TS Member

I am rarely surprised when reading of these knee-jerk reactions to these kind of events, tragic as they are. While they are at it,considering their flawed logic, the networks should consider canceling any series that depicts cars in motion, aircraft in flight, step-ladders, bicycles, roller blades, boats, surfboards, etc, all killers.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The left is closing ranks.

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Yes, the left is circling the wagons and yet, there are some IDIOTS here denigrating the NRA....

I wonder if the Discovery channel supports DJANGO?

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Hope they don't cancell Sons of Guns

7. Mapper

Mapper Member

I will miss some of the gun shows. They were a hoot, arc welding barrels and banging on things with a hammer always got my giggle up.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I bet all the stab each other in the back, profane, immoral "reality shows" that teach our young ones how to be, will still be running.

9. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Maybe we will go back to watching the Cosby Show or Three's company....

10. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

And they keep the shows to teach our kids to be FAT, RedBull drinking, snotty nose b)tC#$. I don't know who makes the selections but they must be a little slow or alot slow in the noodle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.