1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discount binocular place to buy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JH, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Optics Planet.....B+ brands such as Nikon, Leupold, Pentax, Alpen, etc. should be considered....

2. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Take a close look at the Apen Apex, very good binoculars for the money. I have a pair of the 8X40 that I have been using for about 6 years and am very pleased.

Michael

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have bought at Optics Planet and also SWFA. Both very reasonable

4. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Ive got a used pair of Leupold gold ring 10 power if interested. $200. PM If interested. Jw

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

EBay would be the absolute best place to find some, they got some prices that are hard to believe ... I got a pair from a vendor on EBay and saved over $200 on the purchase when compared to catalog and stores ... (Free shipping) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Depends on your budget but Nikon Monarchs and Vortex makes good ones as well. Personally I like 8x with minumum 40mm objective, but a lot of people like the 10X.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I have got great binos from pawn shops. They don't give the owners anything for them, which makes them a good buy. I just picked up a Bushnell 8X42 National Audubon Society bino for $15.00. They retail over $88.

Wayne

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We have an Alaskan cruise planned for this summer and would like any of your recommendations for the best sort of binoculars for the trip. We will be on a big ship cruising the ocean and the inland waterways, flying over Mt. McKinley, taking a train ride through picturesque landscape and whale watching.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks, Barry.

9. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Try Amazon. Com. They are contracted to sell. They can name their own price but can't put it in print. Pick your item, put it in your cart to get the price. You can always cancel. Do your research first before you buy. I get a lot of my best buys that way. Just bought a 55" Samsung led TV, 8000 series
    For $1500, cheapest I could find that particular Samsung was for $2300.

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Vortex would be your best place to look. They offer a VIP lifetime guarantee no matter how you break them. Run over them with a truck or drop them down a mountain side they simply send you a new pair if they can not repair them to new condition. Absolute great people to deal with as well.

11. dls guide

dls guide Member

Camera Land in new York city. Fast and good service. They know their stuff and have a good selection from low to high end optics.

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

i bought a pair of Leopold BX-2 Acadia in Camo, 10x42mm.....reasonable and crisp....$199 thru Midway USA as of this morning...mash the link

13. FIB

FIB Member

I recently was looking for a new set of field glasses and after extensive review and glassing MANY different models I chose the Vortex Viper HD 8x42. I compared them to Swaro, Leica, and Zeiss which were considerably more money and didn't notice an appreciable difference (I'm sure the big three are better but not for the money IMO). I bought mine at Cabela's for $ 580.00. Compare them to the 8x42 Swaro's that retail for $ 2,400.00 and tell me if you can see a $ 1,800.00 difference, I couldn't. Regards, Randy Price aka FIB.

14. RLC323

RLC323 Member

If you don't mind taking a bit of a gamble the nobetterdeal website has some bargains. Keep in mind that this merchandise is usually returns to Amazon with packaging issues. Opened and returned or packaging damaged and refused by the customer. Amazon ships it out to this company because it can not be listed as brand new on Amazon.

I took a gamble on a Barska spotting scope that was regular priced at $110 on Amazon and ebay. Got it for $43 shipped on nobetterdeal. The product box had been opened but the scope was still wrapped in the original plastic and works perfectly.

15. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

When your buying binos, typically you put them to your eyes inside the store with plenty of light. Or maybe you walk outside and try them but 9 times out of 10 your trying them in the daytime. Where Swarovski, and Leica bury the competition is low light situations , you will see the $1,800.00 difference.

16. FIB

FIB Member

Coldtrail, I disagree. I tried a new pair of Swaro's in evening/low light conditions and was amazed at the Vortex Viper HD. Try it for yourself as I speak from experience. My Brother in law is a Swaro fan and he was blown away by the Vipers for the price.

17. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Picked up a pair of Nikon Action 10 x 40 at Cabella's for $50 to keep in the car. Very clear optics and they appear to be well made. They cost way less than my Zeiss did and are probably 97% as good. The 3% difference is not worth the price difference in my opinion. Don't know how they will hold up over the long term but I have several Nikon scopes on my rifles and they work very well and for the price difference I can afford to replace them every year if I have to for a long, long time.

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Just for kicks I jumped on EBay they are flooded with them, from the basement model to the Penthouse ... Great prices ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. grumpyembmech

grumpyembmech Member

Cameralandny.com

Look at the Minox line.

Jim

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I received a Nikon 10X50 Tundra a few years ago for a birthday. They are outstanding. A little on the heavy side, but clear as I could ever desire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.