1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Disbled vet billed $3K for equip left behind....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Soldier gets hit hard, gets evacuated, discharged, is disabled, and now gets a $3K+ bill for the equipment left behind on the battlefield when he was all but passed out.

Not the kind of Memorial Day story we like to see. What an outrage.

2. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Absolutely insane,while they are fining this poor guy they are taking taxpayer bailout money to pay Wall Street bonuses. When did our values get so out of whack, makes me sick.

John Rau

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I think Mr. Bomar should give up a leg for this country and be billed for the expenses. Who is running this nut house?

4. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters TS Member

I've heard of this event previously. It is a bunch of crap, and his battalion, if not company commander should have been able to fill out the proper paperwork to show a field loss of the items. I think its complete crap they actually went through the paperwork to deduct it out of his disability checks, which aren't high regardless.

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/rates/comp01.htm

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where is the uproar from his fellow citizens? Has he or someone on his behalf contacted his states national electorates. Too often vets are crapped on by our government and it makes me sick.

6. slodsm

slodsm Member

I no longer find it surprising or shocking after my dealings with the VA and other agencies in the years since I got out. Once you're no longer active, you are no longer important in their eyes.

7. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters TS Member

Jermiah:

I wouldn't say they don't care, but I would say that the VA has so much red tape, and congress involved that it makes getting anything done a nightmare. Due to all this, none of the employees can really do much to help if its outside the spectrum they can normally operate.

For instance: When getting a checkup for a VA disability claim, they are required by law (thanks congress) to have you seen by a doctor within 30 days of the requesting of the appt. So, they will just call you up, and give you a random time and date to showup. It doesn't matter what other obligations you may have, and if you don't show up to your appt they'll just proceed with your claim without any physical findings from an exam. I was told from a VA employee, in order to reschedule they have to basically get approval from a high-up VA employee in Washington to change an appt to go outside the 30 day congressional window. The employees have nothing to do about this...its the congress we've had micromanaging stuff for years.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If he was an Illegal they would of written it off and gave the guy a medal besides ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. oz

oz Active Member

I did not post a reply on the site because it was so long. However what do they do to the poor guys that get killed??????? oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.