1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Disassembly of BT 99 for new springs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vmthtr in green bay, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

I bought the spring kit from Jim. Can't figure out how to get trigger plate out of bottom of frame. Removed pin and tried to drift out of bottom. It is hanging up by trigger itself. Do you need to take stock off?

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

The stock must be removed. The trigger should be cocked or the mainspring will be ejected when the trigger housing is removed. Jim's spring is stiff and will require a tool to assist in installation, or someone else to help.

If you replace the top lever spring there is an insert in the end of the spring that rides against the top lever dog. When you pry the spring loose put a rag over it to retain this part or it will vanish.
    You may be headed for trouble.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They are tricky and not for the mechanically reclined. I had to make special tools for mine and it still wasn't fun. You may want to seek a pro for this job.

JMHO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 99 disassembly

bt-99 disassembly book

bt-99 reassembly tips

bt99 assembly