1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Disappointment at Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Michalski, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Not in the place at all! It is a great shooting venue, well run by efficient, friendly staff, good targets, and a just plain enjoyable place to shoot. My disappointment came when my shooting coat (Mike Michalski Troy Mi monogramed) and binoculars (7X50 Minolta) came up missing. I checked lost and found several times before leaving Saturday afternoon, but nadda. I left name, phone and e-mail with staff but have heard nothing. Not the kind of thing I would expect.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

"came up missing" Lost? Stolen? Abducted by aliens? What?

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

A number of non shooters at a club, sometimes looking for an opportunity.

Also, sometimes a fellow shooter....

Some just steal and others looking to hock something for a quick fix.

Happens at both small and large clubs.

Why would Cardinal Center be any different?

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Sorry for your loss . We trust people too much . Some are plain rats . I have posted many things at our club that were left there by shooters but for some reason they never came back to ask if the items were found . I have a target box full of things -- oh wait a minute -- I don`t recall seeing the box around . RATS !!!!!

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

At noon last Sunday I parked my truck behind the vendors building at Cardinal and headed over to buy some reloading supplies. Halfway between my parking spot and the building was a rental golf cart - a soft case with a gun in it, a large shooting bag with accessories and quite a bit of ammo was on the seat. No one there, not even close by. People are way, way too trusting. (and no, I did not help myself)

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The problem is, this is the world we live in today and its not exclusive to Cardinal Center ... There are people out there who would steal from a blind man if they were given the chance ... People know when there is a shooting event going on that there will be valuables in the immediate area to some degree and they want to be there for the taking if they get the chance ... I hope you get your personal things back but wouldn't bet any money on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

MIKE What were the circumstances that surrouned your loss, in other words, were they taken from your vehicle?

Dr.longshot

8. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Actually it's hard to say exactly what the circumstances were as we had just finished shooting and were putting away the guns and paraphernalia before visiting vendors row. At the last minute I decided it was warm enough to leave the coat in the car. I "think" I put it in the car and I "think" I locked the car but my and my partner's memory can't recall exactly. There was nothing else missing from the car.

9. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

There were a lot more "spectators" at the state shoot this year this is good for the vendors. But scum surfaces where there are a lot of people in a relatively small space. A lot more people that don't shoot are just looking for the right moment. This happened at the last few Grands at Vandalia also, with cars being broken into.

Yours was a crime of opportunity and when a thief does not have to conceal the items just walk off with it and nothing looks odd because everybody else is carrying similar items.

Sorry for your loss and keep your eye on your shooting iron. Some things are not replaceable.

Rock

Jim

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The place is also a regular camp ground.

I hope your things are returned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.